• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

JP LRI-20 Barrel Offset from Handguard

I am planning on purchasing a JP LRP-07/LRI-20 set for a new build. I know that the barrel sits off-center from the hand-guard (ID of 1.75), but cannot for the life of me find how much that offset is. I want to make sure the gas block I select will fit under the hand guard. I emailed JP asking this question and they just mention that all of their gas blocks fit under their hand guard. Their gas block lineup seems to range from .77”-.81” HOB. But some other gas blocks like the SLR 8 have a HOB of ~.91, so I am wondering how close that comes to interfering with the hand guard.

Can anyone with an LRI-20 upper answer this question or even measure the offset for me? Thanks!

can't you subtract the handguard ID from your barrel OD to see if your gas block will work?
Max. Compatible Barrel OD: 1.05"
Inside Diameter: 1.75"
I don’t think so because then it makes me wonder if that max compatible barrel OD is true for both ar-10 and ar-15? It seems it can’t be because the ar-10 barrel nut offsets the barrel center line from the hand guard center line.

I have a 308 handguard 15" from JP. I'm not sure what you mean by 'the barrel nut offsets the barrel center line'.
my barrel nut centers the barrel as most barrel nuts do. The handguard then mounts on barrel nut. My only gripe is its proprietary barrel nut/hand guard holder. I love the handguard.

I have a 308 handguard 15" from JP. I'm not sure what you mean by 'the barrel nut offsets the barrel center line'.
my barrel nut centers the barrel as most barrel nuts do. The handguard then mounts on barrel nut. My only gripe is its proprietary barrel nut/hand guard holder. I love the handguard.
This picture I attached here is a screenshot from their description of the handguard on their website. This is the offset I am referring to.

Attachments

• IMG_3693.jpeg
    IMG_3693.jpeg
    275.1 KB · Views: 14
.. might be off by a tad, good luck
Barrel OD .854"
bottom - .394" from barrel to ID of handguard
top - .555" from barrel to ID of handguard
sides - .45 at 9' oclock side and .46 on 3' oclock side from barrel to ID of handguard -
JP signature series handguard

Last edited:
Reactions: Quasarrasauq