• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

JP Recoil Eliminator vs Alamo Four Star/MPA brake

BoltGun6

Private
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2018
I have seen the test on Precision Rifle Blog. I have the MPA brake coming on one of their rifles in 6.5CM. The test seem to highlight that one is very good for recoil elimination while the other is fantastic for staying on target. Which one does everyone value more, assuming the recoil impulse isn't a physical shooter issue.

What's it going on?

But if it comes with it if shoot it and see how it does and if you wanna switch do some research. The JP eliminator doesnt get brought up much here

People skip the JP because it looks "weird" and not as cool. I thought it worked well without the rearward blast that I hate from some very aggressive brakes.

Get a suppressor (Thunderbeast Ultra) and hold onto your hearing. Mild recoil reduction and less flinching.

I have a jp brake, but can't compare it to any others. It feels like it halves the recoil on my 308.
I have several great brakes for my 6.5 s Heathen, zrodelta gen 2, lil bastard.
My new rifle came with a Christensen Arms Slayer brake (the rifle is Also a Christensen arms) that muzzle brake is the best I have used and doesn’t blast your face off like the lil bastard. Although the Slayers baffles look exactly like the lil bastard. I don’t seem to get the back blast. They are almost indentical. Besides having screws to add to ports.
But for recoil reduction the slayer is seriously incredle. The rifle barely moves. I have mine with 2 top ports open.
The gen 2 ZRO DELTA is also good and has zero back blast. That is the new Alamo four star brand.
Knowing what I know now I will probably just get the Slayers for all new rifles. They also come in titanium.
Just thought I’d share my experience with what brakes I own and use(d).

I have the zrodelta gen 2 and can tell a huge difference in recoil. One would think any reduction in recoil would aid in the ability to stay on target

Running a Heathen on a 20" .308. Excellent recoil and rise reduction. Behind the rifle no blast issues and talking with a gentlemen running an F-Class rig next to me on the line last time out he commented that it was not overly obnoxious compared to other brakes he had been around.

I have several great brakes for my 6.5 s Heathen, zrodelta gen 2, lil bastard.
My new rifle came with a Christensen Arms Slayer brake (the rifle is Also a Christensen arms) that muzzle brake is the best I have used and doesn’t blast your face off like the lil bastard. Although the Slayers baffles look exactly like the lil bastard. I don’t seem to get the back blast. They are almost indentical. Besides having screws to add to ports.
But for recoil reduction the slayer is seriously incredle. The rifle barely moves. I have mine with 2 top ports open.
The gen 2 ZRO DELTA is also good and has zero back blast. That is the new Alamo four star brand.
Knowing what I know now I will probably just get the Slayers for all new rifles. They also come in titanium.
Just thought I’d share my experience with what brakes I own and use(d).

Wow, I may have to try the christensen arms slayer if it's that good.