Juggernaut 185 and scope base selection.

PAYDIRT

Adair County Long Guns
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2017
N.E. Okla.
Here's the plan, 308 with 185's. Scope is a T5XI with 26 mils of total adjustment. Would a 20 moa base get me to 1200? StrelokPro is calling for 15.48 mils @ 1200. So that's 13 mils available in the scope and 5.82 mils using a 20 moa base. Right? Now with all that being said the rifle is a Savage 112BT long action, it "might" become a 300 wm later in life so should I just go with a 30 moa base now and if I did would a 100 yard zero be possible?

I guess because the bc? To tell you the truth I don't really know why. Just the bullet I picked. Lots of guys saying that it's good, and I was thinking they might help me in the wind. I'm all ears if there's a better bullet. I'll probably shoot an Alco on special occasions but they are harder to get than the Berger.

In my experience with them, I have found the Juggs to be more jump tolerant than the 175smk and more consistent at distance. They have been a bit more difficult to fine tune than the Sierra’s though. I’ve used Varget pretty exclusively, but have played with RL15 and 2000MR as well. The 2000MR gave some absolutely smoking results with no pressure signs up past an incredible 2800fps (1000’DA). Ultimately I backed off that, due to the supply of Varget on hand and stepping up to a .300 in lieu of beating on the .308. It is doable though.