• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Just got my M1A complete........finally.

Gasitman

Out of work pan handler
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2010
Washington
Just got it back from the gunshop after a few tweeks, I am so excited to shoot this bad boy tomorrow. I have never spent so much money on on a firearm. I actually had to sell a few firearms to fund this project. I really wanted a JAE stock, but that would be another $1000. I have a viper 6-24, illuminated reticule on order. This scope is only temporary.

Springfield M1a loaded, GG&G bipod and mount, Karsten cheek riser, SA synthetic stock, Viper vortex 6-20X50, sadlak scope mount, and nightfrorce rings.

I can not wait until tomorrow to go to the range. Took about two months to get all the parts, things were on back order, and also hemming and haawing over which scope I wanted.

DSC_1672.jpg

Re: Just got my M1A complete........finally.

got to love those M1A's - it looks good. Jhe JAE stock is nice but I have heard that they are pretty heavy. Might want to look around and talk to people that have one to see if it truly what you want before you drop the other 1K.

I like the Sage EBR stock, it's not much more weight than the heavy wood stocks and offers lots of options. It does however change the gun from the standard rifle look, to the railed out tactical AR look. They cost around $800 by the time you are done, you might want to check around and see if anyone local to you has one that would let you try it. (however if you are in one of the gun unfriendly states, you may not be able to use that stock)

I looked at the Vltor stock, it has the SOPMOD stock which does not allow a cheek riser. I am not looking for CQB stuff, if that is the Sage you are referring too, I want long range, in the prone position. My uncle is in Afghanistan, his 20th year in SF and has run a M14 since day one, he said there is nothing better for his type of work, sure it is heavy, but he said he would rather be tired than dead, and he has the JAE stock.