• We're Extending The Deal: Get 30% Off Your Sub With Code HIDE30

We're only offering the deal for another 24 hours!

Subscribe

K&M Primer Pocket Correction tool depth

Reformedcitykid

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2023
New York
Hi all, I have both the large and small rifle primer K&M primer pocket correction tools and cannot figure out how to get the depth set. I know they say they come set to .131 & .122 respectively, but for me they bottom out at ~.1745 & ~.1345. I know you adjust using the set screw, but these measurements are set with the cutter seated as far as possible. Am I measuring wrong or misunderstanding the set depth? Anyone else have this issue? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_7325.jpeg
    IMG_7325.jpeg
    220.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7321.jpeg
    IMG_7321.jpeg
    350.2 KB · Views: 26
You’re telling me that you have backed that set screw out to enable adjustment and by “seated as far as possible” you mean you can not possibly get the cutter seated any further into the hex body, correct?

Because my first interpretations reaction was was “well quit pulling it out further and push it in”

You’re telling me that you have backed that set screw out to enable adjustment and by “seated as far as possible” you mean you can not possibly get the cutter seated any further into the hex body, correct?

Because my first interpretations reaction was was “well quit pulling it out further and push it in”
Correct, the cutter is pushed in as far as possible and there are no obstructions in the hole that I can see