• We're live!

We've got the homepage updated and subscriptions are now managed through HideTV. If you run into any bugs please contact alexj-12 or use our contact form for help!

ENTER HIDETV VIEW THREAD

KAC SR-25 Mk11 Mod 0 (early model - 1993)

TackleberryH3

Private
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2011
Florida
Guys, this is an early model (1993) civilian version KAC SR-25 Mk11 Mod 0. At least, that is what I paid for when I bought this four years ago from the original owner. I have never seen another early KAC SR-25 set up this way. I currently have this up for sale on a couple websites. There seem to be some debate over what it actually is. I know when KAC started producing the Mk11 Mod 0 with the 20" barrel, the right side of the receiver was stamped "Mk11 Mod 0". This is an early civilian version with a 24" Match barrel. The right side of the receiver is stamped " KNIGHTS MFG. CO., VERO BEACH, FL, USA". The gas block also has a removeable knurled collar that was supposed to accomadate a supressor. The scope is a Leupold LR/T Mark 4 3.5-10x40 M3 Mil-Dot model. My main reason for posting this is to try and clarify what this rifle ACTUALLY is. If there is anyone who is very familiar with the early KAC rifles, please jump in. I was told that cmdecker might be able to help.

004-8.jpg

005-6.jpg

006-6.jpg

010-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

008-2.jpg

Re: KAC SR-25 Mk11 Mod 0 (early model - 1993)

You should ask Kevin BOLAND who is a member on here. He is the military sales rep for Knights and he would probably be able to give you more info on your rifle.

I had a shop back then and placed orders direct to KAC. I just checked my old catalog (1993-4) and don't see anything like that in it.
It looks exactly like my SR25 Match rifle with a rail forearm added to it. My ser # is 236XX. If you PM me an email address I will scan & email it to you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kevin will be able to tell you, but I am almost certain that is not a Mk11 Mod 0, it looks more like the older SR25 Match. </div></div>

I agree with Deadly
Looks like you have a SR25 match which came from the factory with a smooth forend tube, waffle mag, and lacked a front sight. I am assuming the original owner you bought it from installed a Mod 0 forend and folding front sight.

Im sure someone with Knights will help you out

I totally agree with justme. I also believe it's an SR25 match with a RAS system. I am a little suspect that it may not be a MK11 MOD 0. The MK11 MOD0 had a list of several upgrade modifications vs the standard SR-25 match. I have never seen a MK11MOD0 with that early gas block system. Most if not all MK11 Mod0 bolts I have seen have the one ring gas ring on the bolt and not the staggered three ring gas system. Additionally I think the MK11 Mod0 receivers were so marked Rifle 7.62 MK 11 MOD 0 on the right side of the receiver above Knights MFG. Co. Vero Beach Fl. USA. Just my opinion. I hope Kevin chimes in here so we can verify what you have.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Keep in mind that the Mk 11 Mod 0's have a flash hider and not a target crown </div></div>

Actually, the mod 0's have the target crown, no FH's. The mod 1's have the FH.

The gun shown is a 24" match gun with a FF ras and front buis that I believe was added later. The mk 11 mod 0 uses a 20" barrel with a target crown and the double high gas block - this is the configuration adopted by the Navy as the mk11 mod 0 - which came from the SR-25 special lw match; a 20" gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: post_tensioned</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Keep in mind that the Mk 11 Mod 0's have a flash hider and not a target crown </div></div>

Actually, the mod 0's have the target crown, no FH's. The mod 1's have the FH.

The gun shown is a 24" match gun with a FF ras and front buis that I believe was added later. The mk 11 mod 0 uses a 20" barrel with a target crown and the double high gas block - this is the configuration adopted by the Navy as the mk11 mod 0 - which came from the SR-25 special lw match; a 20" gun. </div></div>

From what I was told a few years ago, the Mk11 Mod 0 started out with the 24" bbl and the Navy rejected it because the end-users were having difficulty manuvering with the weapon. Subsequently, the 24" barrel was replaced with a 20" Match barrel, the gas block/front sight was changed, as was the suppresor mounting system. It incorporated a QD to speed up installation/removal.

I've never heard of a 24" MK11 but I don't know everything!! I thought the Mk11 started out as a 20" gun!! That would be news to me!! I also posts in Silencertalk!! I love my EMC. Best and softest shooting 308 semi I have!!!

++ on hopping over to Silencertalk if not to get to the bottom of your mystery but to see other new and info that comes directly from the KAC crew you won't see most other places.

If Kevin doesn't answer Trey will.

Sorry guys I was away for a little bit.

That is one of the original SR-25 Match Rifles. someone has added a FF RAS, but those guns went intially with the Firebglass FF tube.

We intially sold those guns in 1993. I dont think we made one like that since 1994 -
Production of the SR-25's started in 1989 - but I dont think any went out prior to 1992
After some of the SMU's had some feedback the gun was changed -- most externally noticeable was the 20" barrel and the clip on suppressor.
Crane did not type classify the Mk11 Mod0 till 2000, and ALL of those guns where 20" barrels.

Reactions: DB2027

Wow... Sorry to hear this, but someone sold you that gun under false information. Hope you did not pay the price of a MK11 Mod 0.

Hi Kevin, I have seen a few Sr25 Vero issued as mk11 mod 0 from 93. No prefix on SN.
Then I notice K was prefixed.

Then in 2000s, mk11 mod 0 was placed on the receiver.
1000026893.jpg
1000026894.jpg
1000026898.jpg

1000026900.jpg

Is this correct?

Thamk you.
Sorry guys I was away for a little bit.

That is one of the original SR-25 Match Rifles. someone has added a FF RAS, but those guns went intially with the Firebglass FF tube.

We intially sold those guns in 1993. I dont think we made one like that since 1994 -
Production of the SR-25's started in 1989 - but I dont think any went out prior to 1992
After some of the SMU's had some feedback the gun was changed -- most externally noticeable was the 20" barrel and the clip on suppressor.
Crane did not type classify the Mk11 Mod0 till 2000, and ALL of those guns where 20" barrels.

Last edited: