• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Kahles 624i Zero stop reset

tna9001

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2017
Asheville NC
Hey guys,

I'm moving my scope to a new rifle and couldn't find any clear guidance on resetting the zero stop. I called Kahles and they sent instructions, here they are.

Resetting the Elevation Turret to Factory Conditions to Restore Full Elevation for the K624i

When a KAHLES K624i is shipped from the factory the reticle is centered with full rotation of the elevation
turret through its 25 Mils or 86 MOA of adjustment. In a Mil system the elevation dial is set somewhere
near 12 MILS in the 1st or bottom rotation. In the K624i MOAK, the elevation dial comes set somewhere
near 43 in its 2nd (of 3) rotations. The erector tube has full range of adjustment throughout its 25 MIL or 86
MOA range.

When you have zeroed a K624i to a specific load you have now restricted the downward movement of the
reticle to your specific zero. The turret will now move from your zero in an upward bullet impact direction.
Depending on the angle of the Bore axis to Optical axis, this may result in a maximum of approximately
15 MILS of upward adjustment or 50 MOA of upward adjustment.

To Restore the Factory Settings to a Full Range of Adjustment
There may come a time when you want to use a new load or put the K624i on another rifle and reset the
scope to factory (full adjustment) conditions so you can re-zero again. This is how you deactivate your
initial preset zero.

1 – Turn the elevation dial all the way up until reach the mechanical stop or end of travel.

2 – Loosen the 2 screws at the top of the turret with the allen key 1-3 turns (do not remove screws) so
that the turret will turn without clicks.

3 – Now turn the turret in the upward bullet impact direction until it stops (this will be just past the 26 MIL
mark on a MIL turret or just past 88 on the MOA turret).

4 – At this point, retighten the 2 screws at the top of the turret with the allen key, to no more than 8 inch
pounds, so that the turret will click when turned.

5 – Now turn the turret in the downward bullet impact direction until it stops (turret should be clicking).

6 – Loosen the 2 screws again (1-3 turns) at the top of the turret so that the turret will turn without clicks.

7 – Now turn the turret in the downward bullet impact direction until it stops.

8 – Here, tighten the 2 screws at the top of the turret with the allen key.

9 – You have now deactivated the Zero Stop feature that was previously set. The full elevation travel has
now been restored.

After deactivating the Zero Stop feature, to put the reticle back in the approximate center of range
position:

On the MIL based K624i, turn the dial to 12 MILS. This will be on the bottom or 1st rotation level.
On the MOA (MOAK) based K624i, turn the dial to 43 MOA. This will be on the 2nd rotation level.

Reactions: BoldCorrections
Yeah, its pretty easy. basically when the allen screws are tight on the elevation knob, the scope will only go .3 mils below zero. so, sight in your rifle, then loosen the allen screws and set the knob on zero. its all set then

the "harder" part comes in where to zero (or if you swap to a diff rifle) you need to go more than .3 mils below zero. in that case, set it at zero, then loosen the allen screws and put it at say 1 mil. or more if you need it. then tighten everything back down. you will now be able to move it "lower" than the previouse zero stop.

hope that makes sense. its really super easy to use. basically reseting zero and setting the zero stop all in one step.

Yeah, its pretty easy. basically when the allen screws are tight on the elevation knob, the scope will only go .3 mils below zero. so, sight in your rifle, then loosen the allen screws and set the knob on zero. its all set then

the "harder" part comes in where to zero (or if you swap to a diff rifle) you need to go more than .3 mils below zero. in that case, set it at zero, then loosen the allen screws and put it at say 1 mil. or more if you need it. then tighten everything back down. you will now be able to move it "lower" than the previouse zero stop.

hope that makes sense. its really super easy to use. basically reseting zero and setting the zero stop all in one step.

So, I'm 2 mils high at 100 with the scope on the new rifle. I can just adjust 2 mills instead of resetting the entire range? That would take a step or two out of the process.

so if you are 2 mils high, with the scope set at zero. just loosen the 2 allen screws, then move the elevation turret to 2 mils (you wont really be moving anything except the dial indicator), then dial it back to zero. BAM you are zeroed at 100!! and the zero stop is set

of course make sure you have a real good measurement. like is it exactly 2 mils? or is it 2.1 or 1.9? in any event, obviously reshoot it with it at the new "zero" and confirm you are hitting POA, POI.