KAK Down venting BCG

Newer than the one they let out last year or so?

Why would you want to vent hot dirt shit into your magazine where a follow on round might carry it into the chamber?

Seems like problems waiting it happen if you shoot a large enough volume in one session.

Reactions: Tperry
Newer than the one they let out last year or so?

Why would you want to vent hot dirt shit into your magazine where a follow on round might carry it into the chamber?

Seems like problems waiting it happen if you shoot a large enough volume in one session.
It’s an attempt to reduce gas in the face when shooting suppressed. There’s already so much fouling being vented into the mag of a suppressed AR that I really doubt more will negatively affect the firearm’s function.

It’s an attempt to reduce gas in the face when shooting suppressed.
This I understand, has been the goal/dream of suppressed shooters forever it seems.
There’s already so much fouling being vented into the mag of a suppressed AR that I really doubt more will negatively affect the firearm’s function.
My point is why add more? Seems like asking for trouble. My opinion so take it for what’s it’s worth

I have one that I tried out when I was zeroing a scope. I did notice less gas in face--lefty rifle shooter. I was shooting either unsuppressed or flow-through can.

My impression when I got home was there was a bit more schmutz that wiped out of the mag well, but its possible it was on par with normal and I was just noticing it bc I was looking for it.

I've had one for about four months. I bought it for my work rifle. I put it in a truck gun I was working on to test it until I could get a full range day to beat on it in my work rifle. My suppressors are not flow through, so gas in the face can be significant at times. The downdraft BCG made such a big difference, I bought a second one for my work gun. I haven't been able to tell much difference in the amount of debris in the magwell / magazine. Might be different with a flow through can. At any rate, I have had no reliability issues with either rifle using these BCG's. In fact, ejection has been more positive and consistent with the double ejectors.

You’re missing my point. I’m not saying silencers aren’t mainstream. I’m saying no one gives a shit about port pop to the extent that one should replace their carrier. Which is what this was designed for.

agrred. worrying about port pop seems like nonsense to me, since its a super sonic round. who tf shoots a suppressed AR15 without ear pro?