Karsten Adj Cheek Piece for M1A

GardDog

LT
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2009
New Orleans
I had been debating getting one for some time. I finally got off my butt and made the order. It took about 5 minutes to install and it fits great. If you are on the fence and are looking for a good cheek piece, get the Karsten.

M1A1.jpg

Re: Karsten Adj Cheek Piece for M1A

im just gonna set the saddle on the stock and drill at the top of the slot. that way i will have the most upward adjustment as it comes up and the bottom of the slot contacts the screws. you could drill lower if there was a storage compartment. plus i have heard guys talk about boiling it so it better fits their stocks contour.

garddog, thats a sweet looking M1A. i thought i was done buying rifles

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eat Beef</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are the storage compartments still useable, or do the bolts go through them?

Thanks. </div></div>

The instructions advise that you make your reference line 1/4" above the top storage slot. That way, you drill right above it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chansen49</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You have to drill correct? Is there a template that comes with it so you dont screw it up?

</div></div>

You need a drill, level and a right angle or t square. No template is included, but the directions are straight forward. I placed the stock in a shooting vise, strapped the level to the butt with rubber bands & proceeded to draw the reference lines above the storage slot. You then place the cheek piece over the stock and where the adjustment slots in the karsten cross the reference lines is where you make your holes. The best bit of advice was to drill half way from each side, instead of drilling through one side. That way you can make adjustments and don't have one hole that is off line.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">garddog, thats a sweet looking M1A. i thought i was done buying rifles </div></div>

Axe,
I know the inherent differences with accuracy between the M1A & the AR-10. I just wanted one for a long time and would recommend getting one. It's another gun that you could drop thousands in for add-on's, but I tried to stay with the bare accessories. It's accurate enough as is for me. I'm tweaking every .25" out of my bolt gun, this one is for fun.

i agree, i was talked out of one. i will get one though. it will look just like yours. you cannot go wrong with an M1A. nice looking rifle