KelTec RDB vs Tavor [Full Review]

The Tavor trigger sucks. I couldn't shoot worth a damn with mine until I changed out the trigger and connector....totally different rifle now. It also took me a little while to learn to shoot the bullpup well off the bench and I run an DTA SRS for almost all my shooting so I am used to a bullpup. The weight and length are not easy to bench shoot. That said with the new trigger components and some trigger time it has become my go to coyote gun. on anything 150-200yds and closer. It's a pretty consistent 1.5-1.75" gun with the 77gr ammo that mine likes and that's perfect for that platform and my use. Most important though, it has been 100% reliable no matter what I feed. Sucks to have to put a lightning bow and trigger in it to get a good shooting trigger but it was worth it. Kel-Tec quality control has burnt me before and I won't even consider anything Kel-Tec now....maybe they are improving????

Last edited:
I agreed 100% about the lightning bow trigger. I owned the tavor for years and finally did the trigger a few months ago. I wouldn't have done it but I found it on sale.

As as far as KelTec I would have to say their QC has gone up tremendously. I've never owned a KelTec because of their reputation. I don't own this one (my buddy does) but I can say it's the heap of trash everyone says it should be. I get it doesn't have a military pedigree but we are not taking it to war. Gotta say a lot of guys didn't think it would be worth the ammo we would be wasting to test it. Happy to report we were wrong.

KelTec is an American Company and I really want to see them succeed. If they keep improving in their products like this I don't see how they can go wrong.

A bit off topic but I absolutely love my RFB. I've had many sub moa groups at 100 yds and have no trouble banging an 8 inch plate at 500 and zero malfunctions. Several of my club members want one after shooting mine but they are hard to find. The fit and finish is really nice- I think KT has stepped up their game.