• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Kestrel 5700 upgrade

IMHO: nope.

The extra $300 buys you the ability to make Target cards which could be helpful at some matches on some stages, which is cool… but if you have your G7 BC figured out (and you should) you don’t need the AB custom drag models.

If you have the loot to juggle and really run more than 3 long range setups than you probably have the loot to pony up for storing them with the upgrade lol, but even then, to me storing info on more than a few guns gets confusing so YMMV.

I'm glad I did the upgrade, personally. Bought the basic 5700 a while back when money was tighter and now shooting matches, I'm glad for the ability to have multiple target cards that I can load ahead of time. That and multiple rifle configurations is a nice addition as well. But YMMV if those are worth $300 to you.

The Elite upgrade allows:

1) Allows the use of Custom Drag Models
2) Allows you to store 30 guns instead of 3.
3) Allows you to store 10 targets instead of 1.
4) Allows use of the Target card to build stages.
5) Allows use of Zero Offset, DSF (Ballistic Calibration), and more.
6) Allows use of AB External Elite: Allows the Kestrel to be the Master (Master - Slave Comm Protocol) for some Ultralite devices.

More features are also coming.