Kimber EVO SP?

tna9001

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2017
Asheville NC
Hello All,

I'm curious if anyone has any experience with the Kimber EVO SP? I was shopping for a J-Frame and saw one of these in the case. It's got a great trigger, and it points well. I know Kimber has had QC issues in the past, Does anyone know if that has been resolved?

Thanks!

My dad has one, and I’ve shot it a few times. He’s had it for a while, but I don’t think he’s put enough rounds through it to make reliability claims one way or the other.

I’m always interested in small 9mm pistols, and I was in the market for one last year. Coming from an unmodified Glock 19, I thought the Evo trigger felt spongy. It is about the same size as a Sig P365, and that’s what I ended up going with. Of the two, the ergonomics on the Sig felt better, and I was able to shoot it more accurately.

If I had to choose between a J-frame and an Evo, I would probably go with the J-frame in .357, so I had the option of .357 and .38.

My dad has one, and I’ve shot it a few times. He’s had it for a while, but I don’t think he’s put enough rounds through it to make reliability claims one way or the other.

I’m always interested in small 9mm pistols, and I was in the market for one last year. Coming from an unmodified Glock 19, I thought the Evo trigger felt spongy. It is about the same size as a Sig P365, and that’s what I ended up going with. Of the two, the ergonomics on the Sig felt better, and I was able to shoot it more accurately.

If I had to choose between a J-frame and an Evo, I would probably go with the J-frame in .357, so I had the option of .357 and .38.
Thanks for the input. I like how light the J-Frame is but don’t like how it points, it’s like everything I don’t like about Glock X10.

It’s too bad there aren’t more options for high quality metal pistols. I guess the $500 pistols are money makers.

Yeah, those small revolvers have never pointed as naturally for me as a semi-auto. I wish someone made a P365-sized DA/SA in 9mm that fit in a Vedder locker and had close to a 10 round capacity.

If they did one with a polymer frame and one with a metal frame, there’s a good chance I would buy both; something like a redesigned/updated CZ Rami. The actual Ramis are a little too big for that.

Yeah, those small revolvers have never pointed as naturally for me as a semi-auto. I wish someone made a P365-sized DA/SA in 9mm that fit in a Vedder locker and had close to a 10 round capacity.

If they did one with a polymer frame and one with a metal frame, there’s a good chance I would buy both; something like a redesigned/updated CZ Rami. The actual Ramis are a little too big for that.
That would be nice. Eurooptic had a deal on an EVO for $499, that's cheaper than a G43 with night sights, so I ordered it today.

Reactions: Coffee_and_Pipes