• We're Extending The Deal: Get 30% Off Your Sub With Code HIDE30

We're only offering the deal for another 24 hours!

Subscribe

Kinda new guy shoots a .22 match

cliffy110

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 6, 2020
My channel is geared toward guys who are just starting to look into long range shooting and most is directed toward the scout rifle community. This is my latest video on Hide TV about my first experience at a long range .22 match. I thought y'all might enjoy it.

Reactions: Cody S
That's a 20" Shaw barrel. The factory barrel was horrible. This took 5 minutes to install and I discovered that the factory barrel was barely hand tight to the receiver. The new one is a freakin tack driver with Eley Match.
Haha, I went through the same thing. I've got the Shaw 20" and Timney trigger. I've had good success with SK Rifle Match, but was going to ask what you were shooting! I haven't tried the Eley Match yet. I guess I'll order some soon.

Haha, I went through the same thing. I've got the Shaw 20" and Timney trigger. I've had good success with SK Rifle Match, but was going to ask what you were shooting! I haven't tried the Eley Match yet. I guess I'll order some soon.
Oh, and when you took the barrel nut off, was there gritty stuff in the nut and threads? Mine had something that almost seemed like sand in it, but it didn't scratch or damage the threads, but it was definitely strange stuff.

Reactions: cliffy110
What’s your average 100 yard groups with the Shaw? Just curious. My factory barrel can’t seem to even flirt with anything less than 1.15 at 100
I honestly haven't measured at 100. I sight in at 50 and it is well under .5" for a 10 shot group and very consistent. I regularly run it to 200 and 250 but that's on steel. I'll give it a try tomorrow though.

The factory barrel by the way was incredibly inconsistent. At 50, I was 1-2" with any ammo I gave it.

Reactions: Cody S and Die4toys
I honestly haven't measured at 100. I sight in at 50 and it is well under .5" for a 10 shot group and very consistent. I regularly run it to 200 and 250 but that's on steel. I'll give it a try tomorrow though.

The factory barrel by the way was incredibly inconsistent. At 50, I was 1-2" with any ammo I gave it.
Same here, I've only shot paper up to 50 and I'm somewhere around .5" with SK Rifle Match. The factory barrel is a paper weight at the moment.

Reactions: cliffy110
I love rimfire matches .They are a lot of fun and a guy can learn a lot . we shoot every Friday evening from April to the end of September . I have defiantly learned a lot . our farthest target is about 230 yds . This year I have decided to run the reticle and not dial anything . LOL it can be humbling but if we don't challenge our self we will never improve . good luck with future matches and have fun .

I basically did something similar a few months ago with a factory savage b22 and stuff at a long range and prs match.
super duper fun and I didn't get last place but my gun was definitely the limiting factor so I bought the stuff for a custom 22. now on to getting lot matched ammo.
I like centerfire a little better but 22lr is more available so I'm excited to do both.
long range 22lr is an experience.