• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

KMW & TAC OPS Poss Second Go Around

TacOps Zealot!

1726450293613.gif

Good morning.
Have been conversing with Mike on some of this.

I am in a position to work with him on a similar project as the last collaboration using the SENTINEL combat stocks built to Tac-Ops specs but I am not in a position to commit anything Zealot related yet.

I do not take it lightly when Mike or any other custom builder asks for my involvement. It is a big deal to me because if I fuck up anything with my work or any KMW component falls short, that would be a mark against the other partner in the collaboration.

I also have to remember that Mike does NOT usually build any of his masterpieces on a chassis. That is pretty much blasphemy and heresy in his lane. So, it is a huge vote of confidence for Mike to even consider the Zealot. Such things have historically been out of his comfort zone. So again, I would not take this invitation lightly.

If we move in the direction of a chassis on a Tac-Ops rifle, everything (EVERYTHING) needs to be right on my end. It is not quite to the level I want yet, but I am working hard in that direction. The final refinements on the Zealot chassis were already a priority simply because it is my livelihood and my own reputation. I now have yet another reason to keep it as a priority.

Thank you all for the positive feedback.
I want to be a good partner to Mike in bringing you a solid finished product that performs as well as it looks and one that you will be proud to hand down to your kids or grandkids.

Everybody have a safe week.
T

Good morning.

I am in a position to work with him on a similar project as the last collaboration using the SENTINEL combat stocks built to Tac-Ops specs but I am not in a position to commit anything Zealot related yet.

I do not take it lightly when Mike or any other custom builder asks for my involvement. It is a big deal to me because if I fuck up anything with my work or any KMW component falls short, that would be a mark against the other partner in the collaboration.

I also have to remember that Mike does NOT usually build any of his masterpieces on a chassis. That is pretty much blasphemy and heresy in his lane. So, it is a huge vote of confidence for Mike to even consider the Zealot. Such things have historically been out of his comfort zone. So again, I would not take this invitation lightly.

If we move in the direction of a chassis on a Tac-Ops rifle, everything (EVERYTHING) needs to be right on my end. It is not quite to the level I want yet, but I am working hard in that direction. The final refinements on the Zealot chassis were already a priority simply because it is my livelihood and my own reputation. I now have yet another reason to keep it as a priority.

I want to be a good partner to Mike in bringing you a solid finished product that performs as well as it looks and one that you will be proud to hand down to your kids or grandkids.

T
Terry, Mike, price wise I think I’m in for a used Turkish Mauser build. Let me know. Thanks.

Bender.

Thank you MikeRTacOps and Terry Cross for working together to get this collaboration in place.

Yes, these will be $$$$, however, what your clients receive will be, in Terrys words "a solid finished product that performs as well as it looks and one that you will be proud to hand down to your kids or grandkids."

I would replace solid with other terms to describe the finished product but I dont' want to speak for him.

Good morning.

T
I love your philosophy sir!

I’ll be crossing my fingers regarding your finalization of the Zealot and hoping that Mr. R has a change of heart about using it

Interested in a lefty Sentinel. Would love 308.

Would anyone like a kidney? Only has had one stone!
As soon as the Right Hand/ Short Action Zealots are successfully in motion, there will immediately be Right Hand / Long Action and LEFT HAND/ Short actions following.