• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Suppressors Knife I.D. Trouble

Pingn

Private
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2010
Darkness..... AOL and dialup
A while back my dad was given a knife by a co-worker. Since he has more than enough knives (for now). He gave it to me.

The only marks I could find were on the base of the blade. Which states it is 440 Stainless Steel. Other than that nothing. Even took it apart and found nothing inside.

Want to find out more about who made it and its intended purpose. Thanks to any willing to scratch their heads on this one.

Closed:
eDSCF0015.jpg

The back + stress ball bonus:
fDSCF0016.jpg

The handle on clip side (took off the clip and forgot it at home):
dDSCF0014.jpg

Handle opposite:
bDSCF0012.jpg

Blade:
aDSCF0011.jpg

Blade opposite:
cDSCF0013.jpg

Full effect:
gDSCF0017.jpg

Re: Knife I.D. Trouble

Yeah I'm thinking an off brand, Microtech was doing a very similar blade to that, but as far as I know Benchmade is the only one "licensed" to use that type of blade lock. I could be wrong though, been awhile since I dove into that realm.

That's what my instincts were telling me.

Thanks for the help confirming.

It never really felt right.

The there are a few things I like about it. The basic shape and feel of the thing in general. Beyond that the real Vector looks much better than this thing.

I gotta admit I kinda like the looks of the real thing. Personal preference.

Again thanks for the help.

Luckily I didn't spend a thing on it.

In truth it wouldn't be too bad if there were a few things different.

For me:
Drop the serrated edge (could always trim it back).
Add a thumb stud. Which I think someone removed. Or was forgotten completely. Me suspects the latter.
A few modifications for grip and traction.

The Locking mechanism doesn't feel half bad. However! The little support bar that stops it.... barely stays in there. As we speak sitting semi loose at almost a 45 degree angle. May have to make a new one for it.

Hey if nothing else its a possible project to amuse myself with. Doesn't work then I'm out.... nothing.