Ko2M 2024 Global Finals Registration

Sandow the Heretic

Private
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2017
Ko2M is the World Championships of Heavy Gun ELR. As Always, we present the finest selection of targets, the best camera system and one of the finest locations for long range shooting on the planet.

Registration before 8/12 is restricted to shooters and their spotter who have at least one team member ranked 150 or above.

In addition to the primary match, we will be running a side match in spring canyon at the same time as preliminaries and the match fee covers entry into both matches. Each two man shooting team will have one day each shooting the 13 rounds of the preliminaries and then on the teams off day, they will shoot a 30 round match in spring canyon. The top 20% of each day of preliminaries will advance to shoot the 15 round finals. While we wait for good lighting conditions on the day of the finals, we will have a 4200+ yard target available to anyone interested in making the attempt. If the demand is higher than we can accommodate, priority will be given to people who have made hits at 2 miles or further.

Tech inspection will be on 9/18 at the eagles nest starting at 0900. Preliminaries and SC will be 9/19-9/21. Finals will be on 9/22 with award immediately following.

There has been a bit of confusion as to the match schedule for Ko2M this year so let us clarify things a bit. The shooters will be broken down into three groups. Each group will spend two days on the Tubb range each shooting their preliminary rounds for Ko2M on separate days. The third day, both members of the team will shoot a 30 round match in Spring Canyon. This side match (King’s Gambit) will have its own trophies and is being run as an entirely separate match. It will be run as 2 relays with 5 shots per target. This will not be hit to move but will otherwise follow Ko2M restrictions on bipods and such. This essentially raises the round count from 13-28 to 43-58. Squading will be announced on 9/18.

Wednesday 9/18Thursday 9/19Friday 9/20Saturday 9/21Sunday 9/22
Group ASC Practice and
Tech Inspection
Spring CanyonKo2M PrelimKo2M PrelimKo2M Finals
Group BKo2M PrelimSpring CanyonKo2M Prelim
Group CKo2M PrelimKo2M PrelimSpring Canyon

Shooters meetings will be at 0800 each day and first shots fired at 0830. Tech inspection will be from 0900 to 1800 at the eagles nest. If you cannot make it by then, you may arrange ahead of time to do tech early on 9/19.

For those that want to get additional practice at range, Randy will be running practice sessions at Spring Canyon on 9/18 and you may register for that here:

https://practiscore.com/spring-canyon-data-collection-shoot-ko2m-prep-raton-1/register

The other thing we’d like to get the word out about is that Juniors shoot free. If your kid (age 12 to 17) would like to participate. Please send a message to [email protected] and you will be given a link to register them for free via Practiscore.

Rank restricted registration ends tomorrow (8/12) so if you have the rank for it, we’d recommend registering before Monday when registration opens to anyone that is interested. If you are already registered and have received a reply from Practiscore, you are good to go.

If you are lacking a teammate and would like help finding a partner, let us know and we will put you in touch with others in the same position.

Lastly, I have a few rooms in competitor housing left. If you would like one, just let us know at the above address. First come first served.

Last edited:
Reactions: Milf Dots
Are all the events during any given season- at 2 mile distances? I ask because it appears someone can be highly ranked without having competed for the year they're ranked- ex: 2021 winner is still number 1 three years later?

Are all the events during any given season- at 2 mile distances? I ask because it appears someone can be highly ranked without having competed for the year they're ranked- ex: 2021 winner is still number 1 three years later?
Ranking is based upon the best performance in the past 3 years at any match target over 1500 yards. here is the full explanation if you would like to be the fourth person on the planet to actually read it.

Genuine question because I really don't know, but does @Lowlight shoot Ko2M events? How many guys are shooting at least one event a year at a minimum of 1500 yds? The whole Ko2M fascinates me and I'd assume many here at SH who compete would do the ELR type matches.

Genuine question because I really don't know, but does @Lowlight shoot Ko2M events? How many guys are shooting at least one event a year at a minimum of 1500 yds? The whole Ko2M fascinates me and I'd assume many here at SH who compete would do the ELR type matches.
Frank has been to a few matches but to the best of my knowledge has never shot in one. There are a lot of ELR matches now so unless you live in the People's Republic of California there is usually a match within an easy drive of where you live. I'd say that the actual number of active participants for heavy gun nation wide is in the ballpark of 100 shooters. Most match participants are people that shoot a fair number of matches per year and travel significantly to do so. Some people only ever hit the local match to them but usually attend most matches. I'd guess that less than 20% of people that show up to any ELR event only show up to one in a given year.

Heavy gun matches have shrunk in participation significantly nation wide over the past few years while light gun has grown significantly. Largest match for Heavy in the US so far this year has been Conquer the Castle at 53. In France where there are very few matches, they had 81 this year. King of One Mile by comparison is looking to have around 110. The number of matches growing faster than the number of shooters is mostly a good thing though and helps with growth of the sport overall. More opportunities ends up with more people diving in. The downside is matches not getting enough people to make it worth running. Running matches is pretty expensive so getting a sustainable level of participants per match is a very real consideration. Light gun is certainly much cheaper to get into and cheaper to run so it will be interesting to see if the growth there bleeds over into Heavy or if people settle on light just being what they like.

-Alex