Rifle Scopes Konus M30 optic failure again!

tomme boy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2007
Iowa 52732
I bought a Konus M30 4.5-16x40 last Year in June. It is this scope here. Konus

I bought this as I had not heard anything bad about this scope. Everything I heard was good. I knew it was a Chinese scope. But was supposed to be good parts, but assembled in China.

I first had this on my Savage rifle in 308Win. I shot this for about 200 rounds and I noticed that it started to get black specks all over the inside of the lens. I called Midway and they told me to contact the manufacturer as they were out at that time. I sent it back to Konus and they replaced it. It sat in the gun room for a few months before I got around to putting it on a rifle.

Fast forward to last week. I put it onto my Ruger 10-22. I took it to the range and got it sighted in. I started to destroy every empty shotgun hull within 125yards. Then all of a sudden I could not hit any more of the hulls anymore. I noticed the zero was off. I put it back on paper. Or I tried to. It would not hold a zero anymore. So I started to clean the barrel as I have had about 3K rounds since the last cleaning of it. I got it all cleaned and loaded back up, and when I look through the scope to take a shot I see this.

100_0789.jpg

I get home and call Konus again abouut this. The man I talked to laughed about it and said something about the harsh recoil of the of a 22 rimfire. He said he would have one looked over and ship it right out. That was last week on July 1. Today I have not seen anything yet so I call them to get a tracking number. They tell me they have not even sent it out yet!

I told them I do not trust this optic anymore and I want my money back for it. They said they will not give my money back as they did not sell it to me. I was to take it back to where I bought it from. So I call Midway up and explain what has happened to this scope and that I want my money back for it. They also will not give my money back as it has been over 90 days since I bought it. They will give me store credit , but that is it.

So, what are the odds of two of these being bad? Looks like more China Junk. So since there is not a lot out there about these scopes. I wanted to share my experiance with one.