• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

KRG Bravo stock opinions?

Bangarang

NRA Life Member
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2013
NH
I see a lot of these used stocks for sale. If you had one, why did you sell it?

Any reasons not to use one of these for a hunting rifle build?

Thanks, B

No. The Bravo flat out work. Vertical grip adjustable cheek piece adjustable butt stock and MLok fore end.

I personally don’t like the inability to change out the grip. But I’d love to learn how many Bravos have been sold since they launched it. It’s clearly hit a sweet spot in the rifle world.

Reactions: GHDIII
I love mine.. Looks pretty slick too..

IMO the Bravo punches way above its weight class.

Bravo.jpg

Reactions: GHDIII and MikeRizz
1" heigh Seekins rings Vudoo V-22 20MOA rail, this is pretty much maxed out for height. But keep an eye out I'm working on something pretty cool for the Bravo (the only improvement I want to make for them) which may increase the available height.

IMG_20210214_071958191.jpg

Reactions: GHDIII
Thanks appreciate it. That's what I was afraid of tried to shoot a friends Bravo last year and couldn't get cheek piece high enough, but couldn't recall the ring height so wasn't 100%.

I can't say enough good things about the Bravo. It is so incredibly comfortable and the ergonomics have improved my shooting vs the Bergara BMP and an MDT LSS-XL chassis. I went through multiple grips on those chassis and could never get my hand in a relaxed enough position. The Bravo solved that. I wanted a KRG and tried the Bravo, Whiskey 3 and X-Ray and bought the Bravo. Mine wears the Arca aluminum forend, t-slot weight, and a spigot. The Bravo can be built into a light hunting rifle or loaded up with weights and DIY ballast in the hollow parts of the stock, a heavy-ish competition rifle. I think the reason you see them being sold often is because someone thinks they need to upgrade or they want to build a heavy PRS rig. My only gripe is that I can't seem to get the back end and forend to line up perfectly when everything is torqued down. It doesn't affect performance at all but the attention to detail in me notices it.

2021-02-14.png
2021-02-14 (1).png

Last edited:
Weak point of that system is the cheek piece. Very flimsy.
I agree that the check piece is the weak point of the Bravo. I don't necessarily think it's flimsy really as it has always stayed put for me and doesn't wiggle around any. However I wish it was adjustable for offset. I have some parts coming from KRG that I think may correct that. If it is going to work like I think it will I'm going to make a thread on it.

Reactions: Matno
Weak point of that system is the cheek piece. Very flimsy.
It's not "very flimsy". It's not flimsy period. If it's a concern, simply add a block below the cheek piece but I've never heard a complaint from the dozens of Bravo owners I see at matches. There is no better value out there than the KRG Bravo. You might have a ergonomics preference over the Bravo, but in terms of value - it's half the cost of a Manners, McMillan, or Foundation (all top tier stocks) and no bottom metal needed.

To the OP, if you think you see "a lot" of Bravos up for sale, it's probably because there are so many of them out there and people have preferences and want to try something else, or a project rifle takes a different direction. The ones that go up for sale get bought quickly. Great company, tons of options to tailor to taste that don't require a machine shop.

Reactions: jbell
I absolutely love my Bravo.

It was one of the best upgrades I made to what was a mostly stock 700P.

I love the look and the ergonomics.

For 350, it was a steal.

There's plenty of upgrades to add if you want.

If I have one gripe, it's that it can quickly become an expensive chassis if you start adding stuff. With all of the bells and whistles bolted on (tool-less adjustment, spigot mount, NVG mount, bag rider, etc) it quickly gets to the price of the higher end options. So if you're intent is to get more full featured chassis, you're probably better off starting with the more expensive options.

But if you plan to keep it simple you can't go wrong.

The Bravo is what you make it: seems a lot of people think it's just a budget stock/chassis, but once you kit it out with accessories to do what you need it to do, it becomes a different animal.

I think there are probably a bunch of people out there who maybe balk at what all the accessories/weights cost, and then decide to go with a more expensive chassis before really equipping a Bravo as they'd like... only to find out the hard way that these other more expensive chassis' require expensive accessories/weights too in order to be all they can be.

IMHO, my Bravo configured as I have it, with an internal t-lot weight, buttstock weights, arca rail, and spigot is much better than many chassis' that cost 2-3 times as much. For instance, I may try an MDT ACC or MPA at some point, but as it sits now my Bravo is better than a stock ACC or MPA for sure at ~$650 vs ~$1000 (more like ~$650 vs ~$1300-1500 with weights and accessories as I'd want). Other than their newest PRS-TCS, performance-wise I don't think a Manners' even competes unless someone just wants one because they like them, same thing with the Foundation's IMO. (Though, the limited edition black Foundation's look sick and I'm probably going to have to buy one hahaha!)

Out-of-the-box it's a great hunting stock as-is, and/or a good match for a Medium Palma IMO for a balanced medium-weight rig. Different configurations beyond that might need some accessories/weights to dial it in, but it's still a good value with really no legitimate competition out there.

"Those Bravo's are cheap plastic crap!" - guy who shoots a Manners/Foundation but CCW's a Glock 19 to protect their ass everyday. Lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: DMP
I’m still trying to decide on the krg or the GRS Bifrost, both look good but not much talk on Bifrost, so that might have just answered myself

I have two Bravos. One on Rem700 and the other on T1X. A great basic rig for lightweight option. Also have MPA BA, BA Lite and Matrix and Whiskey 3 on custom rigs for specific uses. The only one I would sell is the BA Lite and then would buy another Bravo. Buy what fits your need and purpose for the rig. For me the Bravo is perfect in stock configuration on the platforms I have mounted. If you want to kit it out I think you should just start with a higher end chassis to start.

A blocky stock like the Bravo would be my absolute last choice for a hunting rifle, and I own two 180-Xrays from KRG

In fact there isn't a chassis out there, from anyone, that I would pick for a hunting rifle.

Personal preference

I bought it. I like it. I chose it because I had already spent enough on the barreled action. I hope to eventually upgrade to a Whiskey-3, either through uprgading the Bravo or replacing it as needed.

I bought it. I like it. I chose it because I had already spent enough on the barreled action. I hope to eventually upgrade to a Whiskey-3, either through uprgading the Bravo or replacing it as needed.
Why? Because the Whiskey 3 looks cooler? Mine is essentially a Whiskey 3 competition with a Bravo rear end. With the Bravo LOP attachment you have all the functionality of the W3 and the ergos of the Bravo. I prefer the Bravo ergos so this is the best course of action for me.

Reactions: CK1.0
If you want to kit it out I think you should just start with a higher end chassis to start.
I'd disagree. At the core, all KRG stocks are the same, just with different accessories. If you like the grip of the Bravo, no reason to spend more only to add to the more expensive chassis

I had an ACC and didn't like the ringing of the forend, grip/thumb area, and heavy butt.
I had an MDT BA lite and loved the grip and the fact they offer a polymer forend cover but couldn't run a clip on.
The bravo, with accessories, check more boxes for me.

Reactions: Anonymoose
Because the Whiskey-3 folds.
Is that a requirement for how you use it? It's cool and convenient for transport but in my opinion ergonomics is far more important. You may find the Whiskey grip and thumb placement comfortable. While it isn't horrible and certainly better than many chassis I've tried it isn't as good as the Bravo for me. If I had to switch chassis right now I'd probably go with the ARC Xylo. I found it to be remarkably comfortable. It doesn't fold but I don't care about that.

... in my opinion ergonomics is far more important....
Many people prefer Whiskey to Bravo ergonomics, or even X-ray to Bravo.
[Phil Velayo] "...Continuing on with the Tikka budget build project, I talk about some capabilities and limitations of the factory stock. Why I chose the KRG X-Ray over the KRG Bravo and what's next on this journey for the Tikka build!"

I like my Bravo. It’s not as comfortable to me as my $1K chassis. But, if modularity, relative low cost, and relative low weight are important to you, it’s a fantastic option.

Many people prefer Whiskey to Bravo ergonomics, or even X-ray to Bravo.

It's definitely a personal preference thing. I would urge all potential buyers to handle them before buying. "Some people prefer" would be a better statement. We don't have evidence from a survey of people who have tried all of these chassis.

Last edited:
A blocky stock like the Bravo would be my absolute last choice for a hunting rifle, and I own two 180-Xrays from KRG

In fact there isn't a chassis out there, from anyone, that I would pick for a hunting rifle.

Personal preference
2BB03098-3E8B-41A4-95AF-D8A45E2B6B90.jpeg

Bravo works for me as a hunting rig just fine. But as you said, personal preference.

View attachment 7556257
Bravo works for me as a hunting rig just fine. But as you said, personal preference.

A lot has to do with how one uses the rifle to hunt. Here in the midwest you'll be hard pressed to ever find a prone shot, or a shot longer than 400 yards, and I know no one who humps a tripod or any other such thing around.

Even when I lived in Kansas, the longest shot I ever took was 320 yards. A wood-stocked Sako 75 with a Burris 3-9X40 and a simple bdc, propped on my daypack on the front edge of the blind, poleaxed that deer.

Agreed. The backbone's modularity is the best part. No need to send back to KRG to drill/tap anything if decided you needed an arca rail, spigot, NV rail and etc.

Yeah, the modularity is the best thing about them.

It's not just a "for the money"/cost/budget thing either... but I think people get caught up in the cost-thing, when really for most they're a $600 chassis when the dust settles (which starts to not be so "cheap" anymore).

If Manners or Foundation were to make some fancy Bravo buttstocks and forends in carbon-glass or micarta where I could just bolt them up to the backbone + BA , I'd buy one (and I bet they wouldn't be cheap lol).

I can't speak to selling it...I bought a Bravo back end to replace my W-3 butt stock. It's a chassis that comes in at like 2.7 lbs with an adjustable cheekpiece. Take a look at stocks of ANY sort that offer an adjustable cheekpiece at 2.7 lbs and compare them on cost and features to the Bravo...and the Bravo's popularity becomes clear quickly.

I see a lot of these used stocks for sale. If you had one, why did you sell it?

Any reasons not to use one of these for a hunting rifle build?

Thanks, B
I don't see many for sale, i tried to buy a used one for around a 2 month period and could not get one bought so just bought a new one and they are pretty nice for the money.

A lot has to do with how one uses the rifle to hunt. Here in the midwest you'll be hard pressed to ever find a prone shot, or a shot longer than 400 yards, and I know no one who humps a tripod or any other such thing around.

Even when I lived in Kansas, the longest shot I ever took was 320 yards. A wood-stocked Sako 75 with a Burris 3-9X40 and a simple bdc, propped on my daypack on the front edge of the blind, poleaxed that deer.
I can understand that.. We get some longer shot opportunities here in the west, that's for sure. I have a Browning X-Bolt synthetic stalker for when I want to do some lightweight hunting, but the Bravo/R700 does me fine most of the time.

Reactions: 308pirate
Is that a requirement for how you use it? It's cool and convenient for transport but in my opinion ergonomics is far more important. You may find the Whiskey grip and thumb placement comfortable. While it isn't horrible and certainly better than many chassis I've tried it isn't as good as the Bravo for me. If I had to switch chassis right now I'd probably go with the ARC Xylo. I found it to be remarkably comfortable. It doesn't fold but I don't care about that.
Yes, it is a requirement for me. There have been times (and probably will be more in the future) where the only vehicles I have access to make transporting a long rifle difficult. The maintenance aspect is also nice.

Not sure if it's going to upload or not... Bravo with the enclosed forend and adjustable butt plate

Attachments

• 20210215_171623.jpg
    20210215_171623.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 229
  • 20210215_171623.jpg
    20210215_171623.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 271
I like my Bravo better than my Manners stock. I throw a proof barrel on and dump the lead I've added when hunting season comes around and add it back after. The wiebad stock pads are super comfy and would add a little height for you. The bravo has nice accessories, easy to paint, and I find they fit me well.

20201106_203642.jpg

Last edited:
Here is that upgrade I was referring to earlier:

Reactions: catalyst81
I can't say enough good things about the Bravo. It is so incredibly comfortable and the ergonomics have improved my shooting vs the Bergara BMP and an MDT LSS-XL chassis. I went through multiple grips on those chassis and could never get my hand in a relaxed enough position. The Bravo solved that. I wanted a KRG and tried the Bravo, Whiskey 3 and X-Ray and bought the Bravo. Mine wears the Arca aluminum forend, t-slot weight, and a spigot. The Bravo can be built into a light hunting rifle or loaded up with weights and DIY ballast in the hollow parts of the stock, a heavy-ish competition rifle. I think the reason you see them being sold often is because someone thinks they need to upgrade or they want to build a heavy PRS rig. My only gripe is that I can't seem to get the back end and forend to line up perfectly when everything is torqued down. It doesn't affect performance at all but the attention to detail in me notices it.

View attachment 7556049View attachment 7556050

"Mine wears the Arca aluminum forend, t-slot weight, and a spigot."

New to Comp so just curious - what do these mods do for you?

Arca forend adds weight but also provides a very flat bottom surface for resting on barricades and offers a multitude of mounting options for accessories. This can be achieved with an Arca rail as well.

The spigot moves the bipod attachement further forward and off of the forend leaving more real estate for mounting accessories.

Reactions: ColdBarrelZero