KRG C4 Opinions

AirgunnerPCP

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 16, 2020
Charlotte
Hi all,

I'm contemplating what chassis to get for my next match rifle build. Currently I'm partial to stocks and shoot with a CDG mounted in a TCS in PRS. I've tried a few different chassis in rimfire builds (Indian Creek, PDC and a MDT) and never got along well with them. The grip to trigger reach always felt too short to me.

Anyway I've been thinking of trying a different chassis and the C4 looks interesting. It's expensive but seems to come with accessories that are sold separately on other chassis. Those of you who own or have shot with one, what're your opinions on it? Match usefulness, ergonomics, value for money, comparison to other options, etc?

Our own @Covertnoob5 did a pretty good review on it.

He has also done reviews on lots of other chassis to compare it to.

Thanks for the support brother! @AirgunnerPCP if you have any other questions I’d be happy to help. I’ve got a few chassis sitting here that I use. Pretty much all the popular ones.

@LeftyJason @Covertnoob5 Yes I've watched that video a couple times now and it's really helpful.

If you have a TCS, could you compare the C4 to the TCS in terms of grip to trigger length, bore height over the fore end and the balance between the two? What I'm looking for is a comparable grip to trigger reach, lower bore height over the fore end to help the rifle "sink" more into the bag and whether the c4 is more butt heavy like the TCS or has a more neutral balance (essentially trying to understand what weights might be needed).

I'm attempting to understand what additional value I'm getting with the C4 that justifies the premium over the TCS. Beyond that I think it looks cool lol

I certainly do have a TCS and I’ve had about 4 others that I sold because of the trigger grip distance. I never got fully comfortable. The C4 is much much better in this regard.
You can get a wider stance on a bag with the C4 and weights. I’d recommend 2 sets of gray ops long external weights like I have with no interior and an MTU or similar barrel.
Mag well is much better on the C4. Grip is better or more adaptable. Adjustable bag rider. Longer forearm. To name a few things.

Reactions: kindabitey
I certainly do have a TCS and I’ve had about 4 others that I sold because of the trigger grip distance. I never got fully comfortable. The C4 is much much better in this regard.
You can get a wider stance on a bag with the C4 and weights. I’d recommend 2 sets of gray ops long external weights like I have with no interior and an MTU or similar barrel.
Mag well is much better on the C4. Grip is better or more adaptable. Adjustable bag rider. Longer forearm. To name a few things.

That's great information thanks. It's funny I actually like the trigger grip reach on the TCS. Especially in prone, it helps me not have to rotate my wrist around as much to get a straight back press. Ideally the C4 would have a comparable trigger grip reach and a grip that's as chunky as the TCS.

That's great information thanks. It's funny I actually like the trigger grip reach on the TCS. Especially in prone, it helps me not have to rotate my wrist around as much to get a straight back press. Ideally the C4 would have a comparable trigger grip reach and a grip that's as chunky as the TCS.
Get the large grip panels for the KRG.

Reactions: AirgunnerPCP
I'm seriously considering one of these, but man... it makes my Manners TCS seem like a steal/bargain.

It doesn't help that you see so few of them out there that most guys like me are going to have to "buy to try"...

@Covertnoob5 how does the C4 chassis compare with the other higher end chassis (AT-X, ACC elite, etc)?

I quite like the look of the AT-X but wondering if it's just a step behind these other options.

@Covertnoob5 how does the C4 chassis compare with the other higher end chassis (AT-X, ACC elite, etc)?

I quite like the look of the AT-X but wondering if it's just a step behind these other options.
The ATX is. I’ve got all the chassis sitting here. ATX is best if a folder is mandatory. Other than that no reason to pick it unless you just really want it.
I like the ACC Elite but I’ve had and seen a bunch of the different fasteners come loose. Shot a match last month with a guy whose thumbshelf came loose. Not long ago a guy had his rear assembly come loose and used my wrenches to fix it.
Nothing comes loose on the C4. Granted grip options are limited but everything else is equal or better to me on the C4.

The ATX is. I’ve got all the chassis sitting here. ATX is best if a folder is mandatory. Other than that no reason to pick it unless you just really want it.
I like the ACC Elite but I’ve had and seen a bunch of the different fasteners come loose. Shot a match last month with a guy whose thumbshelf came loose. Not long ago a guy had his rear assembly come loose and used my wrenches to fix it.
Nothing comes loose on the C4. Granted grip options are limited but everything else is equal or better to me on the C4.
if it wasn't for the adjustable mag well would the AT-X be on par with the others?

What about the vision chassis? Do you have anytime behind that or just the AI/AO forend?

@beetroot My issue with the ATX aside from no adjustable mag latch is a few things:

Proprietary dick lok I mean quick lok whatever the fuck it’s called lol
No thumbshelf
Not supposed to run a 1.250” barrel with a full top cover
Will need a bag rider which aren’t a lot of great options
Good luck on a folding hinge
Most people from the get go will want to replace the grip.

So to me from a feature standpoint it doesn’t really measure up. If those thing don’t concern or affect you much and you like it by all means get it. In todays market it’s decently priced.

All that to say it’s well made and it’s not flimsy or anything and doesn’t flex or have any of those issues. Just less competitive from a feature to feature standpoint.

Reactions: beetroot
Can anyone measure the bore height on their c4? Basically measure from top of barrel to bottom of chassis forend,.minus half the barrel diameter at measure point? I like my atx, xlr chassis wit the very low bore centers, the seem to track a lil better under recoil staying on target when I do a decent job of recoil management(positional prop/bag shooting). I don't run my rifles super heavy, most my match rifles are 18#.

Can anyone measure the bore height on their c4? Basically measure from top of barrel to bottom of chassis forend,.minus half the barrel diameter at measure point? I like my atx, xlr chassis wit the very low bore centers, the seem to track a lil better under recoil staying on target when I do a decent job of recoil management(positional prop/bag shooting). I don't run my rifles super heavy, most my match rifles are 18#.
I don't have one to answer your questions.

On the low bore thing have you seen the kmw zealot thread? Mentioning it is sort of torture since he is focusing on already ordered complete rifles only for now til he can update a component. Worth to read the whole thing if you haven't.

I don't have one to answer your questions.

On the low bore thing have you seen the kmw zealot thread? Mentioning it is sort of torture since he is focusing on already ordered complete rifles only for now til he can update a component. Worth to read the whole thing if you haven't.
I haven't followed that thread closely, I mean it's near 4 years old and dude seems way behind on fulfillment, sorry not interested in waiting near half a decade to get my order.

I think the xlr envy pro forend is the lowest bore height to rail I've measured yet and I've have a LOT of chassis samples.

I can measure it later today. It does sit higher than my XLR and ACC Elite.

The ACC Elite, Envy Pro, and ATX are all pretty comparable in terms of HOB and considerably lower than the KRG.

I’ve shot a number of C4s and each time the rifle has felt top heavy on a bag. It doesn’t settle as quickly and the recoil impulse is more apparent. There are obviously alternative ways to mitigate the recoil aspect but the fact that it doesn’t feel as grounded positionally has always made it a non starter for me.

Reactions: 4O6shootist
1.54 inches.

1724081504078.jpeg