• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

lake city long range brass

Re: lake city long range brass

Thanks for the help guys. Yeah, I shoot a lot of Mil. 5.56 brass in a mini-14, but this is going in a Rem. 308, 700.
Just got the rifle awhile back, so far Norma brass and Win. comm. seen to be the most accurate and of consistant weight, But I ran across a deal on the Long Range Lake City brass and was wondering if it was as good as the Win. and Norma. for being accurate and weight consistant, since form what I gather it is the Military sniper brass now.
Thanks again for any and all input about this brass.

I haven't used any of the newer LR brass but plenty of LC Match M118 and M852 brass. Both of which took more prep then Winchester brand, especially cutting the primer pockets.

If you are using in a gas gun go with LC otherwise I see it as a toss-up. YMMV

Good luck

Jerry

My experience with the 08/09 year brass it is awesome. The weight
was a few grns within Lapua so the load I had worked for Lapua
transfered right over. Shot really well the only complant is I didnt
but some sooner.

I use LC 01 brass in gas gun (POF-308). Even with pulled 175 SMK, I was able to hit 1000 yards consistently. So, LC brass is GTG in my book. It's a bit tougher and is able to take the abuse from a gas gun. Depending on your application, there may be additional prep work to get the best groupings. For me, anything that is slightly less that MOA is GTG.

Thanks guys, Just ordered 1000 once fired. Think I got it at a good price, 165.00 with shipping for the LC LR brass.
When it gets here I'll prep. it and grab a hand full and weigh it and see how consistant it is.
I have shot LC 5.56 for years and no Probs.
, just never tried the 308 LR brass before.
Thanks Again

I have a safe full of Lapua, and still use LC LR. I like it, but case capacity is lower, so pressure is higher. I use 46 grains of Varget in my LR brass and it equals 47.6 in Lapua and remington brass. YMMV-Rob

Reactions: Alaska