Larue bolt action

B4Maz

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2014
Houston, TX
Looks like Larue is making their own bolt actions...

Screenshot_20190808-110318.png

Isn't any 700 clone action, a "me too" action?
IMO it depends on how far the "clone" concept is taken. If the footprint is the only thing that matches between the action in question and an R700, I'd say absolutely not. However, if it's a two-lug, 90 degree throw, setup that doesn't have a machined-in rail or recoil lug, then... yeah, to me, that's a "me too" kinda deal.

Just my $0.02.

Reactions: B4Maz
That's kinda my question... is it anything special other than essentially a "me too" action with the LaRue name on it?

It's got some hallmarks of a quality action: Small ejection port, pinned scope base (likely), and an exacting machinist. I can appreciate the QC that you're likely to get from it, but the real justification to buy is because you want to buy from them.

Really, I'd wager that you won't see anything but complete rifles for years after they actually start selling them. If that's what you want, great.

He did a comparison test between a few mounts, Larue compared poorly, heads exploded. This is back when Larue was actually inovative. Now, well, that action shows you where they are ...

On another forum I saw larue getting nasty with dedicated customers about minor issues.

Seeing that certainly affected my spending habits.

Some people love two stage triggers and swear by them. I get their utility in a field rifle, but I am still not a fan, and think it is totally pointless to put one in a comp rifle, but all sorts of people just are used to them and like the way they feel. More power to them.

Some people love a three position safety (not a Mauser blade). I see no point in it whatsoever, and since my bolt is always back with a chamber flag in the breach (for all competitions) it's even more useless for me.

That's Mark Larue's reputation. He's brash and outspoken. It seems like people either love him or hate him.

Some people love a three position safety (not a Mauser blade). I see no point in it whatsoever, and since my bolt is always back with a chamber flag in the breach (for all competitions) it's even more useless for me.

If you sling a rifle behind your shoulder and are using trekking poles, the damn bolt has a tendency to pop open on my Remington; especially if wearing a ruck. Most annoying.

A bolt lock stops that. My sako 75 doesn’t have a three position safety like a Winchester, Ruger or Mauser; but does have a bolt lock.

If you sling a rifle behind your shoulder and are using trekking poles, the damn bolt has a tendency to pop open on my Remington; especially if wearing a ruck. Most annoying.

A bolt lock stops that. My sako 75 doesn’t have a three position safety like a Winchester, Ruger or Mauser; but does have a bolt lock.
When packing with a rifle I use a Vorn. It’s literally like a drag bag till you need it, and then it’s faster than a sling. Might change your life...

Reactions: Model6520