LAW Folding Stock Adapter and Precision Gas Guns

_Windrider_

Shiner of shoes
Minuteman
Legend
  • Jun 26, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Anyone using one of these on a precision gasser? building a 260 as gun and considering using one of these to make it smaller when transporting. does it affect accuracy or have any other effects?

Yes. I use them with Magpul fixed carbine stocks, gives the same LOP as a standard rifle stock.
    I use Badger and NF unimounts that are slightly lower than 1.5” which helps with the cheek weld.
    20” barrelled .260 is almost exactly 31” with the stock folded, fits in a Arcteryx Khard 60.

I also have a 19” 6.5G too. Light, compact and easy to carry 1000yd. rifle.

No effect on accuracy, both rifles shoot 1/2-3/4”.

Last edited:
    Reactions: winniedonkey
    They won’t affect accuracy but you do have to consider some part comparability. They have a little plug that goes into the rear of the carrier to make up the space. These a few carriers that the plug won’t work on, and you can’t use it with JP SCS buffers. There may be other buffers it won’t work with of similar design but the one I’m aware of is the JP SCS which IMO is a better enhancement on most rifles than a folder.

Another possible downside (or possible advantage for some) is that they lengthen the LOP by about 1.5”.

They won’t affect accuracy but you do have to consider some part comparability. They have a little plug that goes into the rear of the carrier to make up the space. These a few carriers that the plug won’t work on, and you can’t use it with JP SCS buffers. There may be other buffers it won’t work with of similar design but the one I’m aware of is the JP SCS which IMO is a better enhancement on most rifles than a folder.

Another possible downside (or possible advantage for some) is that they lengthen the LOP by about 1.5”.
    Was gonna use a kynshot hydraulic buffer.

Reactions: Laseredge
    I like an SCS but I traded mine and got a Law Tactical folder instead.

It's easy to pair it with a PSA PA10 carbine buffer tube and a standard AR15 length buffer. I say the PA10 tube because it is cheap and you don't need an anti-tilt feature, it won't do anything.

For a stock, I like the Strike Industries fixed carbine stock (very sturdy with a cheap monopod option), the Magpul MOE FCS (light weight and clean) or an SBA-3 for unconventional applications.

Was gonna use a kynshot hydraulic buffer.
    I have never heard of those fancy hydraulic buffers solving a problem on a semi-auto gun.

If you have a standard carbine buffer to try first, I would get the PSA tube for a cheap test before you spend a lot.

A cheap spare buffer tube is always a good thing to have or it could be used in an A5 setup for an AR15 so it's not much to lose and chances are it will work fine (I highly recommend adjustable gas for all large frame and wildcat ARs).

I have never heard of those fancy hydraulic buffers solving a problem on a semi-auto gun.

If you have a standard carbine buffer to try first, I would get the PSA tube for a cheap test before you spend a lot.

A cheap spare buffer tube is always a good thing to have or it could be used in an A5 setup for an AR15 so it's not much to lose and chances are it will work fine (I highly recommend adjustable gas for all large frame and wildcat ARs).
    Oh I have no problems. Just want to try something different. I have one on an SBR 5.56 and I like it. Just thought I’d give it a shot on a full frame and see.

These SBR's are not precision gassers, but I do use it for a HK MR556A1 match rifle. As mentioned the rear end of various bolts have proprietary sizing and / or weights to control bolt speed. I had Wilson Combat fabricate, i.e. turn the adapter O.D. down on a lathe to their odd size correct O.D. to insert for its use in a AR9 SBR.

Some photos for those that may not be familiar with the device.

IMG_5910 copy 3.JPG
    IMG_5906 copy.JPG
    IMG_2701 copy 2.JPG
    IMG_2734 copy.JPG
    IMG_3531 copy.JPG