Rifle Scopes Leupold Mark 5HD 5-25 x 56 Mount

Bob Mckenzie

Private
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2018
Just got my Mark 5, and don’t have a mount for it yet, and wanted to hear some suggestions!

Putting this on an AR10 in 6.5 creedmoor

Also cantilever or not, and why?
Thanks!

D0B42FF1-4960-4EAB-878D-C1780626D819.jpeg

Options I'm aware of are the Leupold Mark 6 cantilever mount, Spuhr 5602 or 5616 cantilever, American Rifle Company M10 QD-L, MPA BA, and Vortex cantilever. I don't believe the MPA mount is high enough.

Cantilever is nice if you don't have a full rail or don't trust the receiver-to-handguard transition to be solid and repeatable. One piece mounts (cantilever or not) usually have options to cant the scope for increased elevation travel in the scope, where standard separate rings usually don't.

The Spuhr is likely the most expensive and likely the best, followed by the ARC M10, but the others would work just fine as well.

Options I'm aware of are the Leupold Mark 6 cantilever mount, Spuhr 5602 or 5616 cantilever, American Rifle Company M10 QD-L, MPA BA, and Vortex cantilever. I don't believe the MPA mount is high enough.

Cantilever is nice if you don't have a full rail or don't trust the receiver-to-handguard transition to be solid and repeatable. One piece mounts (cantilever or not) usually have options to cant the scope for increased elevation travel in the scope, where standard separate rings usually don't.

The Spuhr is likely the most expensive and likely the best, followed by the ARC M10, but the others would work just fine as well.
Thanks!
Ended up going with the spuhr 5602
Looking forward to getting it set up!

Reactions: MarinePMI