• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mark 8 CQBSS 1.1-8x24 VIDEO Review

Re: Leupold Mark 8 CQBSS 1.1-8x24 VIDEO Review

They are costly, all the 1-8x will be close to the same price. As for tracking from what I saw it was working great. I have hand it mounted to a 308 and a few 223, I have hand a few guy play with it and they all really liked it.

Mike @ CST

To be honest it was really hard to tell the difference. I had the S&B 1-8x at the same time I had the 1.1-8x. Both are very nice scopes, I'm sure whatever one you get you would be happy with.

I prefer the turrets & Power ring on the Leupold CQBSS.

Mike @ CST

Mike,
Agree, the power ring on the S&B could be better.... A full twist only got me to like 2x and the ring leaves a lot of be desired. A 3 gun lever would help. At 1x, it's just like a swaro Z6 1-6 with better illumination, so I really like that feature.

I just need to find a way to play with the Leupold...

Awesome scope. I had the opportunity to play with one at my local gun shop. The quality is like none other. I could have thrown it across the room and it would have been perfectly fine. Thats how solid it felt. The turrets were some of the best I've felt. This model had the h-27 reticle.

And it was 4500$.....
frown.gif

For the TMR version to not have a daylight visible red-dot is ridiculous. Leupold should really consider changing that.

Nice video Mike.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fongman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the TMR version to not have a daylight visible red-dot is ridiculous. Leupold should really consider changing that.

Nice video Mike. </div></div>

Glad you all like the video.

I was told they were going to do a daytime illum. but the USMC said they did not what it for this scope. The ARMY wanted daytime Illum but they what the Hours RET.

Mike @ CST

For those that have the cqbss, what mount are you using with it? The leupold mount that is made for it, or another?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krm375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For those that have the cqbss, what mount are you using with it? The leupold mount that is made for it, or another?

</div></div> Leupold mount. I tried a Badger but the cant in it threw off the scope's image. With my long neck and the scope's long eye relief, I also needed a mount that had a significant cantilever to push the scope far enough forward. Here's a pic of mine with the Leupold mount:

7361763236_06e83029e3.jpg

I'm buying a second CQBSS to run on a .308, but that one will be in a GDI 0moa mount.

Thanks, I was looking at the JP enterprises 34mm, I don't really need the quick detach, but the GDI is a nice mount.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krm375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, but I am looking for a Cantilever mount</div></div>

We have display mount with out the box that we would give you a good discount on, if your interested. I will shoot you a PM.
Leupold_Mark_8_I_4f67c7b83dd13.jpg

Mike @ CST