Rifle Scopes Leupold Mk4HD vs Zeiss LRP S3

TEDWTF

Private
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2024
KS
Looking for new PRS scope and am interested in opinions on these 2. I have not looked thru the newer Leupold MK4HD 8-32x56 yet so not sure how it compares to the Mk5HD line. Not thrilled with the lack of elevation adjustment on this scope. Have had good things about the Zeiss LRP S3 6-36x56 but again, I have not had a chance to look thru it. I am leaning towards the Zeiss.

Looking for new PRS scope and am interested in opinions on these 2. I have not looked thru the newer Leupold MK4HD 8-32x56 yet so not sure how it compares to the Mk5HD line. Not thrilled with the lack of elevation adjustment on this scope. Have had good things about the Zeiss LRP S3 6-36x56 but again, I have not had a chance to look thru it. I am leaning towards the Zeiss.

I'd be happy to answer some questions on both these optics, feel free to call me at 916-670-1103 :) -Richard

Reactions: TEDWTF
From the unbiased people I’ve spoken too MK4 is a step below the MK5. I know the S3 is better than the MK5 so they aren’t really in the same category. Something that might help you.

Leupold MK5 vs ZEISS S3 6-36 Production class showdown

Reactions: jumrobe
From the unbiased people I’ve spoken too MK4 is a step below the MK5. I know the S3 is better than the MK5 so they aren’t really in the same category. Something that might help you.

Leupold MK5 vs ZEISS S3 6-36 Production class showdown

I watched your video this morning. Good stuff. Curious about the downgrade comment. We got a bunch of team leupold dudes out here who have a ton of time testing them out. The mk4hd is also like half the price of a S3.

Why's it gota be black man.....cmon you can tell us were all buddies.....
The fugly shit-brown ones cost more for some reason... 😂

Which also puts it out of the same price range as the S3 and K624i...

• Haha
Reactions: DeathBeforeDismount
I watched your video this morning. Good stuff. Curious about the downgrade comment. We got a bunch of team leupold dudes out here who have a ton of time testing them out. The mk4hd is also like half the price of a S3.
Thanks man! So it’s close between the 2 but there’s no free lunches. From the very knowledgeable people I’ve spoken too edge clarity, and a little DOF, are some of the specs that aren’t quite as good as the MK5. That being said I think the elevation and windage turrets are more properly setup on the MK4. I do think the MK4 represents a great value for what they are.

Reactions: jumrobe