• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Leupold VX-3 6.5-20x40mm Long Range

FreddyFrees

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2010
So I got a Leupold VX-3 6.5-20 LR in just after I left for Afghanistan so I haven't been able to check it out yet. My AR-50 finally came in not long ago as well. I ended up buying a Nightforce for the AR-50 after a lot of reading about scopes (a lot of reading on the hide as well). My question is: Has anyone had much experience with a VX-3 as far as repeatability and adjustment accuracy. It is going on a Win. Model 70 .300 win mag EWSS. Can I count on adjustments to be accurate and repeatable with the VX-3? If I adjust 5 MOA, will it actually adjust 5 MOA and return to zero consistantly? Since it is still NIB, I'd like to get feed back so if I do decide to go with another NF on the .300, I can sell it as NIB as apposed to used. Otherwise I would just test it myself. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I'm actually also wondering the same for a Nikon Monarch I have on a .223. It is already mounted so I could test it, but it will still be another month or two before I get to come home and actually get to start shooting other things than my M-4 and MG's.

I have tried searching for this and haven't found quite the info I was looking for. If something was already posted on this, sorry in advance for reposting the same topic (I am a newbie to the hide).