• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Leupold VX6HD 2-12X42 overkill for my needs

EchoThirteen

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2021
South Carolina
Hey guys!
I recently acquired a Leupold VX6-HD 2-12X42 Vtac Firedot from a raffle. Not being able to afford a new rifle to mount this optic and this not having a 1x option, this scope is a bit beyond my needs for my current setup. I am on the newer side to shooting and while I hate to give this up, I use mine for home defense and range days out to 300 yards. I have tried eBay and Craigslist to sell it but haven't gotten too far. Ideally, I would like the same scope in 1-6x and understand I may have to take a hit on selling this and buying the one I want even though this is a pricier optic. I have reached out to SWFA for a trade and waiting to hear back. Does anyone have any other solutions for my situation? It is brand new, 10/10 in condition, never mounted and still has all the original packaging, decals from the company and came with Leupold aluminum scope caps. Whats the best road to take to move this optic?

Hey guys!
I recently acquired a Leupold VX6-HD 2-12X42 Vtac Firedot from a raffle. Not being able to afford a new rifle to mount this optic and this not having a 1x option, this scope is a bit beyond my needs for my current setup. I am on the newer side to shooting and while I hate to give this up, I use mine for home defense and range days out to 300 yards. I have tried eBay and Craigslist to sell it but haven't gotten too far. Ideally, I would like the same scope in 1-6x and understand I may have to take a hit on selling this and buying the one I want even though this is a pricier optic. I have reached out to SWFA for a trade and waiting to hear back. Does anyone have any other solutions for my situation? It is brand new, 10/10 in condition, never mounted and still has all the original packaging, decals from the company and came with Leupold aluminum scope caps. Whats the best road to take to move this optic?

Disguising a for sale ad as a question in a forum that requires a certain number of posts to sell probably wouldn’t be the best road, so I wouldn’t do that.

But if you take the time and contribute here, there is an active for sale section on this site.