Rifle Scopes Lightweight, mil/mil, illuminated optic

hydro556

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2007
STL, home of the Cardinals.
I have a Patriot Arms customized LTR and LOVE it. It is wearing a Leupold MkIV with TMR reticle but it has MOA adjustments.

I am looking to replace it with something mil/mil, illuminated and light weight. Doesnt seem to be many options. I love the 1.8-10 TPal I have on my Mk12 Mod0, but would like something a little lighter.

Re: Lightweight, mil/mil, illuminated optic

sounds like you want a nightforce 2.5-10x24. zero stop, mil adjustments, and mildot reticle, 17 oz, all in a very compact package. only down side is the second focal plane reticle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Or wait for the upcoming Vortex scopes that will be all you want and under $1k. </div></div>

Got any more info on this? Thanks.

-Req

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Or wait for the upcoming Vortex scopes that will be all you want and under $1k. </div></div>

Kind of what I had in mind. The MkIV on it would be perfect. If it were mil/mil and illuminated. Love the size and weight. Also like the TMR reticle.

Leupold can retrofit your scope with to mil/mil turrets (M5 turrets/ 0.1mrads) so you can keep your scope
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Leupold can retrofit your scope with to mil/mil turrets (M5 turrets/ 0.1mrads) so you can keep your scope
smile.gif
</div></div>

Sounds like loopy is finally catching up with the times.

The Nightforce 2.5-10 doesn't have parallax adjustment. I have the Nightforce 1-4 on my AR and am very pleased with it, but for longer shots I wanted parallax adjustment. I wanted to watch the overall rifle weight as well so I went with the Leupold MK4 3.5-10 illuminated TMR reticle on my 20" bolt gun. I'll convert to the 0.1 mil turrets, assuming the price is fair and this isn't vaporware.

Does anyone have this conversion done yet? I was told availability was mid January 2010.