• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lone Peak Fuzion vs Bat TR

elmuzzlebreak

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2018
I’m considering a build and pretty set on one of these. What do owners have to say?

Bat uses a trigger hanger which may affect your inlet choices or be ready to make necessary modifications. The LP is not cut with a typical round bottom. In my experience with mounting a LP in a KRG chassis is that the action wants to creep to one side. Just have to pay attention is all. Both are really nice. I prefer the bolt handle options of the LP myself. My particular combo was a bear to get feeding smoothly from AICS mags. Still Magpuls feed better. At the end of the day I own two LP actions and am a huge fan.

YMMV.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Out of 100 people commenting, you may get one or 2 to say BAT over the LP fusion.

It depends on where you ask. You're right when it's asked here, but it'll be the inverse if asked on AccurateShooter.

It seems the Fuzion is pretty close to an Imapct. I like my impact but the trigger hanger is my only knock against it.

LP Fusion or Surgeon.

I haven't handled a LP, my BAT is nice.

You can get a BAT TR without the trigger hanger from SAC.

The only other custom action I compared to it side by side is the Impact. The BAT was smoother and tighter, the Impact had a lighter bolt lift. The Impact feels a lot like my Remington 700 with a larger than stock diameter PTG bolt.

I don't think it matters which one you pick, just make sure it has all the features you want.

@orkan has had both Fuzions and BATs if I recall.

Love my LP's.. have 3 of them.

Being asked to compare a BAT Tactical to a Lone Peak Fuzion is a very tall order... and it's one that might just be nearly impossible to answer honestly via a simple forum post. To properly answer this question would require a 1-on-1 phone call about the specific application you had in mind and the rest of the components you planned to use, as well as a multitude of other variables. Having said that... I'll take a stab at it. Just don't ask me to defend it... because I will NOT. For that, you'll need to call me.

BAT Tactical, fully nitrided, all integral, is one of the nicer actions I own. The model I have was purchased from Wolf Precision back when they were the singular source for that all integral fully-nitrided option. The extraction is a sako-style I think... which is basically my only gripe with it. Pretty weak extraction with lackluster ejection. However, I'm told you can get a completely nitrided version these days with the mini-M16 extractor... which would be much better. The rifle is an absolute laser in 22BR. I've handled a few rifles built on these actions. Proper stuff, no doubt.

Tb5dkmkh.jpg

The Lone Peak Fuzions of today are also extremely nice. All integral, nitrided, mini-m16 extractor, etc. They look great, feel great, and have outstanding customer service (which you're unlikely to need.) This might cloud my decision a little bit, because I know Brian and Mike at Lone Peak a little bit... and they work with several of my other allies in the industry. There is literally nothing that I don't like about the Lone Peak Fuzions I own and have used. I've done load workups with a pile of these things, and they leave a smile on my face every single time.

Nlge8JNh.jpg

There are simply not too many actions that check all the boxes for me. Reliable. Light bolt lift. Consistent and uniform ignition. Properly timed ignition (or easy to make that way). Reliable and strong extraction. Smooth bolt throw and feeding. (ability to cycle the action without violating NPA) All integral rail and lug. One piece bolt/handle. Ability to handle some dirt. Ability to handle some frost. Rigid and strong, meaty actions.

The three main actions I would consider for a build today are the Lone Peak Fuzion, BAT Tactical, and Impact. (their respective flagship actions) If I didn't know the guys at Lone Peak... it would be a VERY hard decision. Having said that, I choose Lone Peak for almost all of my builds these days. If I were building a BIG bore setup, then BAT is basically the only real option at the moment. So if I can find a Lone Peak configured how I need it... that's what I choose. If they don't have it... I'll probably look to BAT. (though I stay away from their non-nitrided offerings)

I know that might not be the conclusive answer you were looking for... but I honestly think it has more to do with your rifle builder than it does either the Lone Peak Fuzion or the BAT TR (tactical nitrided). As long as your smith can tune ignition and confirm either action is functioning reliably... then you're almost assured of success. TS Customs built both of the rifles above, and both rifles are absolutely ruthless in the prairie dog town. I can call Travis @ TS Customs, talk over a rifle build and he'll send me an order form with everything I need on the action already filled out. It's as simple as dropping a check in the mail to Lone Peak with that printout, and I'm done. If raw accuracy/precision was the deciding factor on a square range with optimal conditions... I might be tempted to say the BAT just might have an edge. However, I'm a field shooter... and I honestly don't think I'm leaving anything on the table with a Lone Peak Fuzion in the accuracy/precision department, and those actions are very tough and can handle the elements like a champ. I also prefer their bolt handles/knobs over that offered by BAT.

So if you were to pin me down and force a choice out of me with the threat of pain and death, I'd choose Lone Peak. After all, I was one of the very first people here to talk about Lone Peak. They have listened to advice from myself as well as my allies in the industry, and are avid precision hunters as well as field tactical match shooters. Quite skilled ones at that. It's just an easy company to support. Perhaps that will change in the future, but that is how I see it today.

Awsome info, I wasn't aware that people where having problems with the BAT sako style extractor. I guess I got lucky since I got mine from SAC with the m16 style extractor.

SAC did the barrel work on this one. I did ask for coyote brown on the barrel to try to match the scope. I've never seen a coyote brown like the one SAC used...
20210213_215228.jpg

Reactions: kthomas
Awsome info, I wasn't aware that people where having problems with the BAT sako style extractor.
On a bench gun, it would probably never be an issue. However, the rifle has failed to eject rounds in goofy firing positions. The case doesn't get kicked out with much authority. I have no doubt that I could tune this behavior by adding a bit stiffer ejector spring or some light stoning of the extractor, or both. However, this thing only sees targets and the P-dog towns these days... so I'm fine with it just barely pooping the cases out the port.

Something with more positive ejection is a must for a match gun or a serious field/hunting rifle.

I saw a video of a titanium LP action that has facets all the way around the action. Do the facets being on the bottom half of the action make a difference when selecting an inlet, or will it fit any round R700 inlet?

I just pulled one of my Fuzion Titanium's out of the stock to show you.

qpkwsVfh.jpg

8pDQnVUh.jpg

The radius across the points of the "facets" are the same diameter as a regular Rem700 pattern action. So that means the Lone Peak will work with any of your normal chassis and stocks. Having said that, I STRONGLY recommend a bed job, regardless of your action choice and stock/chassis choice.

Reactions: BCX and Gil P.
Lot of great info here! Based on what I am seeing her I think I'm going to run with a lone peak!