Sidearms & Scatterguns Lone wolf dist. Shit the bed

sam4886

Stunt Cock
Minuteman
May 15, 2019
Eastern WA
I'm not usually one to air my grievances on some forum, but here it is.

Sometime in early June I ordered a full custom slide for a Glock 20 Long from lone wolf using their slide configurator. Nothing fancy, just a normal slide with front/rear serrations and a venom cut for my red dot. They had to mill it from a blank slide. I also had them nitride it, which they farm out. They say 4-5 weeks for milling and 5-6 for the nitride, so I as expecting an august delivery. They came through there. I got it like august 9th.

I spent a little while installing all the small parts and had to do a little polishing/fitting to get the barrel and slide to cooperate for hand cycling. Everything brand new, so not a big deal, I expected that. Once that was all set up, I went to install my venom and they cut the wrong opening in the slide. Its not even close. I was a little mad about that just because I had ordered the custom deal and waited so long. At this point I was giving them the benefit of the doubt that someone hit the wrong button on the mill then didn't check it.

They sent me an RMA and return label and told me to send the slide back and include the red dot. I sent it back august 12 as requested. I was pretty confident that they weren't going to be able to just fix the milled red dot spot because of screw hole placement. I sent the completed slide because I wasn't going to tear out the channel liner and replace it because they fucked up the first time, plus, if they could massage the optic cut they wouldn't need to strip it.

I was told the warranty people would call me when they got to working on it, or at least I would be informed of the progress or something, but I never heard a peep.

I got the new slide today. I can tell its new because none of my polish marks are on it, and the whole thing is striped of all the small parts I put in it. None of my parts were included.

Of coarse my mail shows up at like 4 or 5 pacific, and they close at 4:30 mountain so I couldn't even call and bitch today. My shit best be overnighted tomorrow.

This whole thing tells me a few things. First, they're fucking morons. Second, the lead times are garbage, they had a whole new slide milled and nitrided in a couple weeks.

So anyway, buyer beware. I was looking for something pretty specific, a 20 long slide with a venom optic cut, and they were the only option. As soon as I get this garbage straightened out, they won't be hearing from me again.

Last edited:
Talked to them this morning. They're sending me their slide completion kit. Meh.

I had a Glock factory parts kit in mine originally, so....

I prefer the Glock parts and thr LWD system is cheaper, so I'm out $20 or so. I don't really know what the quality of their parts kit is. I had also spent time polishing the firing pin safety on my original kit.

Not all that happy about it, but I'll have a complete pistol and never have to fuck with them again.

I prefer the Glock parts and thr LWD system is cheaper, so I'm out $20 or so. I don't really know what the quality of their parts kit is. I had also spent time polishing the firing pin safety on my original kit.

Not all that happy about it, but I'll have a complete pistol and never have to fuck with them again.

I‘m a Glock Armorer and LWD historically has caused more problems than they’ve solved with their knockoff copies of our parts. I would not trust them on anything more than a range toy gun.

You could have gotten essentially the same setup in an MOS-style genuine Glock slide through customer service. They’re approx. $250.

I‘m a Glock Armorer and LWD historically has caused more problems than they’ve solved with their knockoff copies of our parts. I would not trust them on anything more than a range toy gun.

You could have gotten essentially the same setup in an MOS-style genuine Glock slide through customer service. They’re approx. $250.

This is an old post, but I am also trying to build a G20L, and running into dipsticks at Lone Wolf. How could a company be so bad for so long?

Anyway, are you saying that Glock use could/would sell me a complete G20L/G40 slide?