Long time lurker from Oregon

22TCM

Private
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2017
Long time lurker first time poster from Oregon. I have read various posts throughout the years on this site but was never a real avid shooter. I would shoot a hunting rifle a few times per year and that was about it. Last year a buddy of mine was looking for someone to go to the Leopold Relentless Rifleman NRL Hunter match with him and it sounded fun, so I decided to go. I upgraded a Savage 12FV 6.5 CM I had in the safe with a Boyd’s At-One stock and a Tract Toric ELR scope and we shot the match as a team. We shot pretty good for our first match and had a really fun time. While there we talked to several people about other matches and also PRS matches. We then went and shot the July COSSA PRS qualifier match and really enjoyed shooting PRS also. Everyone at all the matches have been so kind and helpful to us and it has really made me love shooting sports. It was kind of intimidating before I ever shot one but the people I have got to shoot with have made it very enjoyable to shoot competitions. I have since shot 2 more NRL Hunter matches and 6 PRS matches. And recently bought a used barrel and chassis and built a Tikka in 6GT for PRS. I plan on starting to reload soon as I inherited some equipment and would like to have consistent precision loads. Thank you to all the people I have ran into and all the people who will help in the future. This is a very fun community to be a part of.

Ya. It was a super fun match. It was pretty difficult this year but still a lot of fun. The other match I have shot now is the Idaho Nightforce match. It was a really fun match also.

Reactions: Ranchhand
Welcome from a fellow PNW dweller. I host PRS matches near Prosser, WA about 3 hours from you. We (The Lead Farm) don't have one every month like some of the other clubs, but we try to have 5-6 throughout the year as farming allows. Come on up sometime if you want to shoot somewhere new. Or maybe I'll see you at COSSA sometime. I don't make it down there much but I really like that place and Dane runs a good match.

I actually shot both the January and February matches. I really enjoyed them. You guys have a great place there and a really fun course of fire. We were planning to shoot the Silent Soirée but had too many conflicting things going on and can’t make it. Thank you for the matches you put on and I will definitely be shooting more of them in the future.

• Haha
Reactions: lead ƒarmer