Looking For A Decent 16" 5.56 Barrel

Redlion

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2022
Midwest
That does not break the bank. Not a govt profile. For an ordinary AR carbine. I am thinking in the $250-300ish range. I noticed a shortage of 16" barrels from my usual sources, including BCM, Primary Arms, and SOLGW when looking today. I am hoping others can recommend some other manufacturers that I may be overlooking.

Criterion. $330.

My most recent Criterion Core 14.5" started out at 0.80 MOA with an 8X scope at 100 yards. It's at 80 rounds now and is doing 0.50 MOA. And it only weighs 26.2 ounces. A 14.5" Proof carbon fiber barrel weighs in at 25.0 ounces, for comparison's sake.

This is just one Criterion barrel - and one data point. I've tested several, and all but one broke MOA the first five round group.

Reactions: Redlion
That does not break the bank. Not a govt profile. For an ordinary AR carbine. I am thinking in the $250-300ish range. I noticed a shortage of 16" barrels from my usual sources, including BCM, Primary Arms, and SOLGW when looking today. I am hoping others can recommend some other manufacturers that I may be overlooking.
I'm going to get some eye rolls but the 16" BA pencil has always been accurate and you get it less than what you are thinking. For an ordinary rig, you don't need to spend to get acceptable results

Reactions: Redlion