Looking for GAP-10 info

WickedClownz

Private
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2012
WI
I am very interested in the GAP-10. Short of me calling the company to get the info, I figured I would ask here to see if anybody knew.

Caliber: 308 Win, 260 Rem, (others, Call for info)
Barrel Length: 16.5 to 22 inches

What are all the options they offer for the caliber and barrel length? How will each of these effect the accuracy? I was thinking about possibly getting the barrel threaded for a suppressor as well. Any info is helpful.

BulletBadger Ordnance FTE Muzzle Brake Installed$250
BulletBarrel Fluting, 6 flutes$155
BulletG.A. Precision Titan Muzzle Brake Installed$180

Im sure I could simply google some of these answers but I know there are people who love to spread their knowledge. So what exactly is a muzzle brake and how does fluting effect the rifle? Plus what is the difference in the muzzle brakes?

Re: Looking for GAP-10 info

I should probably post what I want out of the rifle. Mainly anything from 300yds-1000yds. Accuracy is what I am striving for and I know alot of that is the shooter themselves.

The current caliber that seems to be the Golden Ticket is the newer 6MM CM, But almost anything .260 and up will go accurately out to 1K yards with it. As for the rest it's a custom shop, so you really can do whatever you want within the limits of an AR platform.

When I ordered mine I called Kent and told him what I wanted to do: accurate gun able to shoot 1000 yds. (eventually), run it silenced, and he told me what he would recommend. For a noob to this type of shooting I am very pleased with what they built for me. I did send the rifle to MileHighShooting for barrel threading and a SAS supressor. Talk to Stacy out there, fine work as well from their shop.

Now if the NFA office would get my damn stamp out!

Mine is an 18" with Magpul upgraded stock.