• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes looking for some help picking out a scope

gunjunkie45

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 28, 2009
    Wisconsin
    mmmmmk so i'm looking for a scope in the range of $1200 or so. i want ffp, mil+mil, target knobs. i've been looking at IOR 3-18 or 2.5-10. is there anything else in this cost range? would appreciate any feedback. thanks.

Re: looking for some help picking out a scope

also i prefer hash marks to mil dots. i've seen quite a few negative reports on the 3-18 and would like to know if i have any other options in my price range.

Nada.

This is a big problem in the market of mil/mil FFP tactical scopes. You can spend very little on a Falcon Menace, jump up to the two IOR option you mentioned, or spend +2k on anything else.

I'd call Scott at Liberty Optics about the 3-18x IOR. Supposedly IOR fixed the problems associated with the earlier 3-18x versions.

Either that or keep saving your money.

i like the 3-18 but i still have my doubts due to the eye relief and also the small field of view when below 4 power magnification.

seems to me that there is money to be made in this market. too bad i don't know how to make a scope or i'd start my own company:)

well looks like i'm going to have to go for ior. just can't wait to put a scope on this stick any longer. now i just have to decide between 2.5-10 or 3-18.

the problems were that on the older generation scopes the internals didn't seem to hold up, also the tube rear of the turrets is very short which doesn't allow a lot of play to get the eye relief right. they have supposedly fixed the internals but haven't done anything with the eye relief problems. the other feature that i'm not sure i care for is the field of view shrinkage below 4 power magnification. i have been reading that it narrows down to a tunnel.