• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

LPVO: Credo 1-10x vs Primary Arms PLxC 1-8x vs EOTech Vudu 1-10x

TheRiddick

Private
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2023
NY
What’s everyone’s overall pick of the 3 listed?
Looking for a “sort of” do it all around 1500 for an 16in AR. I prefer a FFP in the 1-8 or 10 magnification range.
Open to suggestions but not really trying to do the “for 300 more you can get…” cuz reality is that ends up being 500 more after tax etc etc.

I’ve read other some of the other threads but after a certain point it goes off topic.

I have the Credo HX 1-10 on my 13” 6ARC. I have no experience with the other two.

The reticle suits me fine out to the 200 yard max at my range. The center dot is great for pinpoint shooting at 10x (I got several sub moa groups last time out), while the large ‘O’ is super for quick shots on 1x.

Adjustments seem spot on and are nicely crisp. I zeroed mine, then dialed 4moa up four times shooting groups, and then returned to zero. The four, 4moa up groups were where they should have been, and the return to zero group printed right with the original.

I really think any of the three would be fine. Just pick the reticle you like best.

I have a Trijicon Credo CR 1-10 x28 mm mil mounted on a RRA .556. It is perfect for my needs. I plan to purchase another unit. Everything works as advertised. I consisted it a bargain for the value.

The reticle at 1x sucks on the vudu, making it uncompetitive as an LPVO imo.

No hands on experience with the other two, but the Plxc looks excellent and seems like a great value when they go on sale

I really think any of the three would be fine. Just pick the reticle you like best.
I like the retilce on both the PLxC and the credo. I’m really between those two right now. I hear great things about both but can’t seem to find a solid pro/con to select one over the other. I guess the questions would be: is the price differce between the credo and plxc make a significant quality difference. Midway has a sale and the Plxc with either reticle is going for 1200

I have a Trijicon Credo CR 1-10 x28 mm mil mounted on a RRA .556. It is perfect for my needs. I plan to purchase another unit. Everything works as advertised. I consisted it a bargain for the value.
Thanks for the info. The 1x is daylight bright? Review of the 1-8 I saw said it wasn’t daylight bright. Curious if they addressed that in the 1-10.

@DeathBeforeDismount speaks very highly of the Eotech Vudu 1-10x

I haven't tried one yet, myself but plan to once I manage to sell some other stuff.

Then of course there is the nightforce if we want to break your request to not "just add another $300)"...

Thanks for the info. The 1x is daylight bright? Review of the 1-8 I saw said it wasn’t daylight bright. Curious if they addressed that in the 1-10.

So on the PA PLXc ones.
The FFP is bright but not "noon day looking at a reflective target lit up by the sun daylight bright"
They made a SFP version with a fibre illumination that is supposed to have fixed that issue and be properly daylight bright.

Supposedly the Nightforce is supposed to be perfect illumination, but I've never had one myself.

I like my plxc 1-8 and plan to switch most of my rifles to it.
Don’t care about the lack of daylight brightness because any serious rifle gets a piggyback mrds for NV passive aiming/backup sight.

Also running Athlon ETR 1-10 and Burris XTR 2 1-8 on other rifles. Both FFP and quality as well but just on the heavy side. I also like that the plxc has shake-awake and auto off timers because one time I had to deal with a bear in low light and my LPVO battery was dead at the moment I needed it the most.

It’s certainly one of the better LPVO on the market right now and I’m not a PA fan, I generally dislike their reticles and especially the chevron but I like how lightweight it is, it’s short so I can mount a clip on and a NGAL ahead of it and it’s easy to get behind. It’s what the NX8 should have been.

I have a few plxc 1-8 and love them because of the weight. The reticle is fine, but I like others better. Comes down to how much do you want to carry. Ounces become pounds quickly.

I don't have the Credo, but I have the older Trijicon 1-8 that the Credo replaced. It's heavy, but I like the reticle on it better than the plxc 1-8.

I do not have the EOTech Vudu.

I have a few Vortex Razors 1-6 and they are heavy compared to the plxc. Also, have NF NX8 and the reticle is good, but overall it sucks compared to the plxc 1-8.

If you're prior service, do the verification through ID.me and you get a discount on the plxc 1-8. I think it's 12% off.

Reactions: st1650