LR-308/SR25 Firing Pin

Out of curiosity does anyone make a LR -308/SR25 Firing pin that is either NiB, Melonited, or Chrome plated? And yes I understand there is no real necessity for any coating....

Here you go: Firing Pin, Chrome, Titan

I'll second your "no real necessity" comment x1M!! ;) If you want one, have at it, but the SS of even the most basic .308 AR firing pin is more than sufficient to get the job done without issues. ;)

Here you go: Firing Pin, Chrome, Titan

I'll second your "no real necessity" comment x1M!! ;) If you want one, have at it, but the SS of even the most basic .308 AR firing pin is more than sufficient to get the job done without issues. ;)

POF makes one too... Their standard 308 firing pin is chrome plated. Rubber City Armory from my understanding has a black nitride one that should be out soon as well from the info I was given.

POF makes one too... Their standard 308 firing pin is chrome plated. Rubber City Armory from my understanding has a black nitride one that should be out soon as well from the info I was given.

Before you buy the POF, you might want to double-check that it is, in fact, a true "DPMS pattern" firing pin and not slightly different. I only say that because little things like firing pin diameter can make a big difference and I'm not 100% that POF stuck to the larger DPMS pattern diameter, if they went with the smaller Armalite pattern, or did something off the specs from either of those two.

I can attest to the FA being DPMS-spec.

This is the case, pof & jp bolts are not DPMS spec's. The difference here that matters is the length of the pin from the tip to the stop shoulder on the pin. Using a steel ruler will get you close .

JP is DPMS specs. POF is obviously not. The important difference is the length from rear of pin to first shoulder and length from 1st shoulder to second which will dictate the depth with which your firing pin will seat in the carrier ultimately leading to your FP either protruding out of the bolt or not. I thought those were pretty noticeable in the pics...

JP is DPMS specs. POF is obviously not. The important difference is the length from rear of pin to first shoulder and length from 1st shoulder to second which will dictate the depth with which your firing pin will seat in the carrier ultimately leading to your FP either protruding out of the bolt or not. I thought those were pretty noticeable in the pics...

+1 on this!!

Every JP .308 BCG I have seen/used has been DPMS spec (at least with respect to the critical dimensions, firing pins, retainer pins, cam pins, etc. despite the rather obvious external differences of the LMOS carriers compared to the basic LR-308 carriers).

You are so wrong here, the length from rear of pin to first shoulder is for pin retainer to stop the firing pin from coming out of the bolt that is set in the carrier, the second shoulder which will dictate the depth with which your firing pin will seat in the bolt not in the carrier. The length of all these does matter from the firing pin protruding out of the bolt face, to the rear of the pin protruding out of the carrier for the hammer to strike it.

Before you buy the POF, you might want to double-check that it is, in fact, a true "DPMS pattern" firing pin and not slightly different. I only say that because little things like firing pin diameter can make a big difference and I'm not 100% that POF stuck to the larger DPMS pattern diameter, if they went with the smaller Armalite pattern, or did something off the specs from either of those two.

I can attest to the FA being DPMS-spec.

I did that before I posted...according to the email I sent tech support... they responded that it was interchangeable with DPMS FORMAT so unless the individual was not correct the info was directly from POF....So either those dimensions are not critical or something else with those comparisons are not correct.

Last edited:
I did that before I posted...according to the email I sent tech support... they responded that it was interchangeable with DPMS FORMAT so unless the individual was not correct the info was directly from POF....So either those dimensions are not critical or something else with those comparisons are not correct.

It may be dpms format, but it is not dpms spec's, it's called close but no cigar. pof bolt is longer than a dpms

It may be dpms format, but it is not dpms spec's, it's called close but no cigar. pof bolt is longer than a dpms

Either way, like I said, it is supposed to be compatible according to the email I received, however it wouldn't be the first time I've gotten incorrect information from a manufacturer if that is the case....I don't recall saying it was DPMS spec....nonetheless I certainly wouldn't take the chance.

Last edited:
Either way, like I said, it is supposed to be compatible according to the email I received, however it wouldn't be the first time I've gotten incorrect information from a manufacturer if that is the case....I don't recall saying it was DPMS spec....nonetheless I certainly wouldn't take the chance.

Ford & Chevy have the same format, as they are cars.