• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes LRHS Substitute

Hondo64d

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 12, 2006
The Big Country
While the LRHS being discontinued is unfortunate, there is a suitable substitute in the Elite Tactical line; the LRTS. THE LRTS and the LRHS are the same scope with the following exceptions:

The LRTS has a locking windage turret instead of capped.

The LRTS reticle has no donut and the fat part is hashed for ranging instead of solid. It is still very visible though.

The 3-12 LRTS is available with an illuminated reticle. The 3-12 LRHS never was.

Different colors. The illuminated LRTS (LRTSi) comes in black, the non illuminated in FDE.

I have the 4.5-18 LRTSi and it has performed as well for me as my 3-12 LRHS. I think I do prefer the capped windage turret of the LRHS, but then again I prefer the reticle of the LRTSi.

Anyway, just throwing an option out there for others lamenting the loss of the LRHS.

John

LRTSi 3-12

LRTS 3-12

LRHS 3-12

If anyone is looking we just got in one of the Bushnell Elite Tactical Hunter Rifle Scope 4.5-18x 44mm First Focal Side Focus Zero Stop Illuminated 1/10 Mil-Radian G2 Reticle Matte scopes, #E45184HI.
If you're interested please give us a call, 516-217-1000

Last edited:
I actually prefer the LRHS over LRTS. Course my use is actually for hunting so the donut is nice. It's also 4 ounces lighter than the LRTS which is nice for carrying in.

Word on the street is that a replacement for the LRHS is due out in June. :)
Well it's almost June and still no word from Bushnell so I'm not sure there is going to be a replacement for the LRHS, it seems like the LRTS is the replacement and they simply won't carry the LRHS anymore. That's too bad as I kinda liked the G2H reticle with the circle for low mag settings and think this would be a welcome addition to more than just hunting use.

For anyone who missed out on the last deal from GA Precision, they have put up for pre-orders for one final shipment in July, this is a killer deal at only $750 for a scope that truly outperforms at its $1100 price - http://www.gaprecision.net/ga-store/optics/bushnell-lrhs-4-5-18x44-g2h-illum.html

Ye
Well it's almost June and still no word from Bushnell so I'm not sure there is going to be a replacement for the LRHS, it seems like the LRTS is the replacement and they simply won't carry the LRHS anymore. That's too bad as I kinda liked the G2H reticle with the circle for low mag settings and think this would be a welcome addition to more than just hunting use.

For anyone who missed out on the last deal from GA Precision, they have put up for pre-orders for one final shipment in July, this is a killer deal at only $750 for a scope that truly outperforms at its $1100 price - http://www.gaprecision.net/ga-store/optics/bushnell-lrhs-4-5-18x44-g2h-illum.html

Yeah, a real shame if they drop it. I'm trying to offload an S&B in exchange for an LRHS and an AMG so I can scope both of my rifles instead of just one. Here's to hoping I can swingg it in time!

Ye

Yeah, a real shame if they drop it. I'm trying to offload an S&B in exchange for an LRHS and an AMG so I can scope both of my rifles instead of just one. Here's to hoping I can swingg it in time!
As we continue to get better and better scopes at lower prices I think we'll see more of this. Of course, I say this while having pre-ordered the new ZCO scopes which will most likely exceed the $3k price point. There's something to be said about lower priced scopes that outperform their class, they make it very difficult to justify spending 3x as much for a better optic.

As we continue to get better and better scopes at lower prices I think we'll see more of this. Of course, I say this while having pre-ordered the new ZCO scopes which will most likely exceed the $3k price point. There's something to be said about lower priced scopes that outperform their class, they make it very difficult to justify spending 3x as much for a better optic.

Yep. I'd be more than happy to keep the S&B, as I know it'll be a workhorse. But I prefer the turrets, reticle, and lighter weight if the AMG, and would like to scope another rifle. Selling the S&B means I can do all that, and between the AMG and LRHS, I wouldn't feel "underscoped" in the least. They wouldn't have the prestige of the S&B, but both are proven and will do everything I need.

Yup, I had a 3-12 LRHS that failed to keep water out of the tube after a raft flipped on a Kodiak brown bear hunt last year (bear shooting was already done so no issue there). Anyways, sent it in to Bushnell and apparently they are sending me a LRST in FDE back as a replacement. So if they do have a direct replacement for LRHS they atleast aren't replacing my LRHS with them. After my mag ring failed to zoom the optic past 8X on my DMR 2 at -50F I am coming to realize that these certainly aren't as weatherproof and stout scopes as as NF ATACR and such (get what you pay for right? Who knew :) ) but for the most part they work well and I know what I am getting for the price point. Just don't expect them to be waterproof or do well in the extreme cold. :)

Though the DMR 2 that did have the mag ring fail to go above 8x (just free spool with no extra magnifcation) still did dial perfectly for 2 back to back hits out of the gun boot at -50F (-6500 DA) on a 12" at 700 yards. Back into the gun boot and then back into the cabin for me after that. Still impressed with the optics if you can get them at deals certainly.

Word on the street is that a replacement for the LRHS is due out in June. :)
Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 7.27.03 PM.png

and the reticles:
Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 7.27.41 PM.png

Full catalog here

Gonna miss the G2 Hunter reticle...

-Dan

Reactions: Basher
I do not think Forge is a replacement for the LRHS. Best I can tell, it is a Chinese OEM scope alogn the same liens as Athlon's Ares, a new PA scope, etc. It seems like a couple of Chinese OEMs have finally figured out how to make some decent looking mid-range FFP scopes. Durability is still unknown, but I like Athlon's Ares BTR and so far it seems to be holding up pretty well.

As far as LRHS replacement goes, if you like MOA reticle, you should also consider Maven RS1 2.5-15x44. I've been testing one for a bit and if it was in mrad, I'd buy it from Maven.

http://opticsthoughts.com/?p=2223

ILya

Google provided me this
View attachment 6908227
Full Sell Sheet Page

With the plethora of Elite's being put to rest, the Forge family is going to be the "Expert" offering in the non-tactical lineup.

-Dan
Those are all part of the Forge series and I do not see those as replacements for the LRHS, the MSRP of the LRHS is $2099 and none of the Forge even come close, like ILya said, these are more high end Chinese scopes along the lines of the Athlon Ares series. I do not think Bushnell will have a replacement for the LRHS as the LRTS is basically the same exact scope with a slight reticle change and that line seems to be holding steady for now.

Google provided me this
View attachment 6908227
Full Sell Sheet Page

With the plethora of Elite's being put to rest, the Forge family is going to be the "Expert" offering in the non-tactical lineup.

-Dan

Yup, I noticed that too earlier this month. Attached are the full sell sheets for Forge and Nitro. I think now is the time to jump in if you really want these Luckily I ordered the GAP LRHSi and this past weekend I found a 3-12x LRTSi on sale for $989 shipped.

Those are all part of the Forge series and I do not see those as replacements for the LRHS, the MSRP of the LRHS is $2099 and none of the Forge even come close, like ILya said, these are more high end Chinese scopes along the lines of the Athlon Ares series. I do not think Bushnell will have a replacement for the LRHS as the LRTS is basically the same exact scope with a slight reticle change and that line seems to be holding steady for now.

Except for that little "Old SKU" bit, I'd agree with you. But given that, I'm pretty sure Dan is on to something.

Attachments

• Bushnell Forge riflescope sell sheet.pdf
    796.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Bushnell Nitro riflescope sell sheet.pdf
    608.1 KB · Views: 72

I'm not saying it's a direct replacement, just pointing out that they list the 3-18x Forge as the replacement for the 4.5-18 Hunter. The LRTS is the closest thing to the Elite Hunter's spec wise. My best guess is they aren't comparing them as such because the LRHS was marketed for the hunting crowd, and the LRTS the tactical. That line has long since been blurred, which I'm interpreting is where the new reticles are coming from in the new offerings that are available and how it's being marketed.

-Dan

I'm not saying it's a direct replacement, just pointing out that they list the 3-18x Forge as the replacement for the 4.5-18 Hunter. The LRTS is the closest thing to the Elite Hunter's spec wise. My best guess is they aren't comparing them as such because the LRHS was marketed for the hunting crowd, and the LRTS the tactical. That line has long since been blurred, which I'm interpreting is where the new reticles are coming from in the new offerings that are available and how it's being marketed.

-Dan
I see what you're saying with the Old SKU column, I'll tell you this, if the Forge 3-18x50 has as good of glass as the LRHS/LRTS I would be shocked.