• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Photos M. Wahlberg

Re: M. Wahlberg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Point of Impact is great! Better than the movie which was good also. I know this is not a fan site but lets face it most everyone on this forum ownes the movie and maybe even the book. </div></div>

when I read the book... I picture Scott Glen as Swagger... but they changed the age of the character, time period but made a funny joke about it in the movie when Swagger says the girl "feels like its been ten years" (cause in the book it was)...

from an adaptation stand point...there was so much in the book that would have been difficult to translate on screen...but what I hated was how they killed the awesome book ending by making it barely gloss over (and no funny effect) the way the book had the whole court scene drama of the whole firing pin filed down thing...

But, I ain't gonna lie...seeing Mark covered only in a towel waiting to get "operated"... I was glad it wasn't Scott Glen... no offense Mr. Glen...you look good for any age...but few can pull off that ripped effect quite like Marky Mark and his awesome abs and chest, and legs...and I can probably go on but this ain't no fan site... but at least I'm a chick...and even I wouldn't post pictures of Marky Mark here... LOL

...at ease soldier. he's an actor so yes on screen he is fake. he has never played for the philly eagles(but had an adviser), was never a Marine scout sniper(but had an adviser), was never a bank robber(but had an adviser)...get the point. what he is, a guy that grew up on the streets of boston and made a good career for himself in all aspects of the entertainment industry.

anti-gun? If you watch the special features in the dvd the instructor said he did an amazing job and that almost no other student did so well in such a short period of time....hitting targets out to 700y or something on his own. If he is anti-gun that just sucks....

Yup amazing that a <span style="color: #FF0000">un-</span>convicted felon, drug user, thief, shit white rapper could make it so big but I guess he has a good adviser. Guess if you grow up on the streets there is no way you can retain integrity or a soul.

Swiftscout - Defend him all you want, you live with these two faced liberal elitists. Just remember, he is one of the outspoken liberals that try to take away more and more of your rights in Kommifornia every year. They are winning and you are the one losing.

Silentone - are you freaking kidding me!?!?! You believe everything on TV / movies? It's called marketing, BS, getting paid and making up stories to sell more - whatever you wanna call it. It's fake.

Wake up people. I am done with this thread and two faced parasites that make a buck from people and then fight against those same peoples rights.

No disrespect to either of you personally but I am sick of what is going on in this country.

P.S. 300WSM - well said Sir. At least Chuck Norris believes in the 2nd Amendment.

during that time he must have had a bad advisor
copy and pasted from
http://www.debbieschlussel.com/archives/2007/03/lies_damn_lies.html

Mark Wahlberg.

In 1988, Wahlberg, after a series of arrests (he's an admitted car thief and drug dealer), attacked a Vietnamese immigrant. Respected news sources say he took the man's eye out with a meathook, in order to steal his beer. But I can't see the full details of his assault because Wahlberg--who was 17 and tried as an adult--had the records sealed, according to officials at Boston's Suffolk County courthouse. The one court document that was mysteriously obtained by The Smoking Gun states that in the process, Wahlberg called the man a "Vietnam f-cking shit." When police brought him to the victim to have him identified, Wahlberg responded:

You don't have to let him identify me. I'll tell you now that's the mother-f-cker whose head I split open.

Wahlberg was charged with attempted murder and was sentenced to two years in the Massachusetts' Deer Island House of Corrections. He served only 45 days.

Before that, in 1986, Wahlberg was convicted of assaulting a 12-year-old Black boy and his brother and sister near Wahlberg's Dorchester neighborhood. Wahlberg and two friends chased them on bikes, through rocks at them, and told them:

We don't like Black ni--ers in the area so get the f-ck away from the area.

While throwing the rocks, Wahlberg and friends yelled:

Kill the ni--er. Kill the ni--er.

A Black girl was hit by one of the rocks.

Wahlberg bragged to USA Weekend:

I was arrested so many times.

In another interview, he bragged that the number of arrests was in the teens or twenties.

And he bragged to ABC's "Nightline" that he has never contacted the Vietnamese victim he mutilated or his other victims (to apologize or make things right) because he doesn't feel he has to. He's "made amends" by making a lot of money in successful pop music, modeling, and acting careers. He says he sleeps very well at night.

This is the kind of man who stars in a movie calling America a criminal nation and our generals and lesser-ranked soldiers criminals, rapists, and murderers for oil.

Wahlberg claims this movie

speaks to the sort of stuff we as a country are going through right now. I really wanted to make it.

Uh, no, it doesn't speak to anything America has ever done or gone through, Mark. It's fiction, unlike your criminal past.

Mark Wahlberg needs to stop delivering lectures to moviegoers about this great country that unfortunately gave so much to someone so undeserving--and unrepentant criminal thug.

links
attempted murder
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/markymark5.html
assaulting a 12 year old boy
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/markymark1.html
other attempted murder
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/markymark7.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yup amazing that a convicted felon, drug user, thief, shit white rapper could make it so big but I guess he has a good adviser. Guess if you grow up on the streets there is no way you can retain integrity or a soul. </div></div>

some of this is correct, but the felon part is incorrect I'm afraid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Google Fu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mark Wahlberg was convicted of what should have been felony charges, just under 20 years ago now, in his (and my) native Massachusetts.

He's not a felon, because of a strange quirk of Massachusetts law (coincidentally the same one which allows Ted Kennedy to serve in congress).

In MA, if one does not receive a sentence of 24 months or more, in a prison not a jail; no matter the crime, one is not necessarily counted as a felon.

Mark Wahlberg only received a sentence of 2ys 90 days, which was suspended, but he only served 45, for assault, attempted murder, and two counts of contempt of court; because he was only 16 and 17 when the crimes occurred.

He would be disqualified from a CCW in most states, but he is not officially a felon according to the FBI or ATF.

According to 18u.s.c, the code section related to this federally, he still could be federally disqualified:

18 USC Chapter 44, Sec. 922, “Unlawful Acts”:
“It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person - (1) is under indictment for, or has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;”

Under this statue, it could be interpreted, that because what Wahlberg was charged with COULD have been punished with more than one year of PRISON time instead of jail time (even though it was not), that he is a prohibited person.

Actually several states have had this fight with the feds several times; over various issues, including voting, firearms, drivers licenses, property ownership, background checks, and other things.

There are other ATF administrative procedures in question which muddy the waters further.

What it comes down to is the discretion of the FBI, the ATF, and a federal judge whether Wahlberg is a prohibited person or not.

Given his history, I would bet that any responsible reviewer would conclude he was (he is an admitted recovering drug user, a recovering alcoholic, he's commited assault with intent to injure, grand theft, and possibly attempted murder); but on a basic background check, he would not be flagged as a felon.</div></div>

What I love about this country is the fact that you can say whatever you want until it infringes upon the rights of others. As outspoken I am of the 2nd, I respect the oppositions opinions as my founding father's would have.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of my kids just played "Hangin Tough" for me from when he was a New Kid On The Block, and I am starting to see your interest in him Swift Scout.

Also, Marine, not Soldier, although I like the term universally. </div></div>
that was his brother donnie
http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/?id=...efunkybunch.wav

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ewoaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of my kids just played "Hangin Tough" for me from when he was a New Kid On The Block, and I am starting to see your interest in him Swift Scout.

Also, Marine, not Soldier, although I like the term universally. </div></div>
that was his brother donnie
http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/?id=...efunkybunch.wav </div></div>

do you know how I know you are gay?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badd Kharma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gay, no way, Gay-Not unless you know the words to "Rain Drops Keep Falling on My Head" </div></div>

Or, you were alive and listened to the radio in 1973 (or whatever) when it was played every fifteen minutes on every am radio station in the country...also, there was the scene with Katherine Ross, on the bicycle with Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. And she was entirely bendable back then!

Come on man, I think just being an old bastard could explain knowing the words to that song!