M118LR

Whit

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2009
Ohio
What does everyone think of the American Ballistics M118LR Ammo? Is it good enough to shoot to 1000yds accurately? I have 19 boxes of it and I am deciding whether I should use it or sell it.

Re: M118LR

I am getting my .308 rebarreled was thinking about just putting good quality ammo through it. I wasn't sure on how the quality rates on this.

That ammo is shit. I bought a bunch of it years ago unfortunately. The bullets didn't weigh 175 grns like they are advertised. The best thing I can suggest is just shoot up the ammo practicing your fundamentals and use the brass. I've got so much of it I'll probably pull the bullets, dump the powder and reload with Varget and some 175 SMKs.

I used this stuff in a class and had rounds get stuck in the chamber because they were seated too long. Not a good situation. I had a couple of rounds that just rolled up to the target at 1,000 yds. I wrote American Ballistics about the problems I had with their ammo but it went unanswered. If anyone at American Ballistics is reading this FUCK YOU AND YOUR COMPANY.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ashland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That ammo is shit. I bought a bunch of it years ago unfortunately. The bullets didn't weigh 175 grns like they are advertised. The best thing I can suggest is just shoot up the ammo practicing your fundamentals and use the brass. I've got so much of it I'll probably pull the bullets, dump the powder and reload with Varget and some 175 SMKs.

I used this stuff in a class and had rounds get stuck in the chamber because they were seated too long. Not a good situation. I had a couple of rounds that just rolled up to the target at 1,000 yds. I wrote American Ballistics about the problems I had with their ammo but it went unanswered. If anyone at American Ballistics is reading this FUCK YOU AND YOUR COMPANY. </div></div>

Lame. I have never delt with them so thanks for the heads up.
/hijack