M24 308 or 300 WAM

actually it could be argued the 300wm is more clone correct than a 308. that is why they used a long action.

that being said, shooting a 300wm is not super fun. it burns nearly twice the powder as a 308 muzzle balst etc etc.

but since you said you have a ton of 308's, id def get a 300wm. gotta have one in the arsenal. I def want one and habe been looking for a M24 receiver with g prefix just for this reason.

GL and post pics when done. GAP does great work

DT

actually it could be argued the 300wm is more clone correct than a 308. that is why they used a long action.

that being said, shooting a 300wm is not super fun. it burns nearly twice the powder as a 308 muzzle balst etc etc.

but since you said you have a ton of 308's, id def get a 300wm. gotta have one in the arsenal. I def want one and habe been looking for a M24 receiver with g prefix just for this reason.

GL and post pics when done. GAP does great work

DT
Thank you for the reply you know I never really thought of it that way in terms of what it was meant to be as to what it actually was interesting.
I know the 300 is more and I love the 308 as my safe will show, I feel the 300 is different enough to a really cool gun.
I will def post picts when it’s all done!

@Marlin Braswell - Id go with the 300 WAM.

Sounds intriguing, another 30 cal magnum to compete with the other 200+ .30 cal magnum cartridges but perhaps it brings something to the tables that those other magnums don't. Does it have two belts or maybe a super sized belt?

Reactions: Marlin Braswell