M24 clone-ish stock & barrel fitting - pst011 vs pst024

KodaiSusumu

Private
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2022
Pennsylvania
Hi,

I am doing a m24 clone-ish build (meaning I won't pay hundreds of dollars more for the "m24" engraving on the receiver side). I recently got a Remington factory 700 barreled action with an m24 barrel in the correct spec (which is very hard to get since Bartlein and Krieger claim the estimated lead time to be 9–12 months). Since it is a clone-ish build, I do not intend to waste too much time and money waiting for parts and labor. Some other posts claim that pst011 needs some modification to fit an M24 contour barrel, while pst024 does not. However, as I spoke to Don, the guy from the sales department of HS Precision, he claimed that pst011 and pst024 share basically the same barrel inlet. I would like to order a stock that has a drop-in fit for the M24 barrel.

I now have a chance to purchase a pst011 in stock, but should I place a backorder for pst024 and wait 10–12 weeks? Please advise. Also, I know the bottom metal difference, and I can order both too. Sunny hill charges a bit more than Badger Ordnance tho

Last edited:
Personally for clone stuff, I'd go the PST024. However...

Get the one in stock since you're obviously ready to get on this, and clone correct is not something you're concerned with. From my memory, the PST011 is going to work with a factory floorplate or H-S DBM system. If you are running a factory varmint barrel contour and factory bottom metal, the PST011 is going to be your friend for ease of use.

I am assuming you got a long action with an aftermarket barrel? Other than out of Remington Defense and the actual M24, I don't know of a Remington factory barreled action offering any heavier than a "varmint" contour. If you go M24 barrel contour and correct bottom metal, it is worth the wait to order the PST024 IMO.

Clear as mud...

Reactions: TurdFerguson
Personally for clone stuff, I'd go the PST024. However...

Get the one in stock since you're obviously ready to get on this, and clone correct is not something you're concerned with. From my memory, the PST011 is going to work with a factory floorplate or H-S DBM system. If you are running a factory varmint barrel contour and factory bottom metal, the PST011 is going to be your friend for ease of use.

I am assuming you got a long action with an aftermarket barrel? Other than out of Remington Defense and the actual M24, I don't know of a Remington factory barreled action offering any heavier than a "varmint" contour. If you go M24 barrel contour and correct bottom metal, it is worth the wait to order the PST024 IMO.

Clear as mud...
It was an unfinished Remington factory long action with a Remington factory M24 barrel in a Remington box. It has been Cerakoted, though. I am only concerned about whether an M24 barrel can fit in a pst011 stock. Yes, the pst011 will work with any Rem 700 factory or aftermarket floorplate other than the Sunny Hill/Dakota floorplate.

It was an unfinished Remington factory long action with a Remington factory M24 barrel in a Remington box. It has been Cerakoted, though. I am only concerned about whether an M24 barrel can fit in a pst011 stock. Yes, the pst011 will work with any Rem 700 factory or aftermarket floorplate other than the Sunny Hill/Dakota floorplate.

If the below quote is true regarding the 007/011/013/024...the PST011 will accept an M24 barrel contour:

"Yes, your Model 700™ PS, BDL or SPS Varmint can be easily dropped into this precision stock. Please note that factory varmint barrels will be generously free floated out of the box. The Sendaro™ is also an excellent candidate as the barrels and receivers share the factory varmint profile. For those with these factory tapers preferring a tighter fit in the barrel channel please refer to the H-S Precision Varmint Stock section.

Nominal Specs: (measurements by Stocky)
weight 3.1 lbs (LOP Only) 3.6 lbs (LOP&CH) ; o.a.l. 33"- 35"; l.o.p. 13 - 14.5" ; extras: 3 swivel studs, 2 action screws. Cheek may be raised appx 2". Cut for extra heavy (up to .950" muzzle diameter) 24"-30" barrels as-is, may be opened-up to 1.250" bulls if necessary. Recoil lug to forend 12.25"

-From Stocky's Stocks.

If the below quote is true regarding the 007/011/013/024...the PST011 will accept an M24 barrel contour:

"Yes, your Model 700™ PS, BDL or SPS Varmint can be easily dropped into this precision stock. Please note that factory varmint barrels will be generously free floated out of the box. The Sendaro™ is also an excellent candidate as the barrels and receivers share the factory varmint profile. For those with these factory tapers preferring a tighter fit in the barrel channel please refer to the H-S Precision Varmint Stock section.

Nominal Specs: (measurements by Stocky)
weight 3.1 lbs (LOP Only) 3.6 lbs (LOP&CH) ; o.a.l. 33"- 35"; l.o.p. 13 - 14.5" ; extras: 3 swivel studs, 2 action screws. Cheek may be raised appx 2". Cut for extra heavy (up to .950" muzzle diameter) 24"-30" barrels as-is, may be opened-up to 1.250" bulls if necessary. Recoil lug to forend 12.25"

-From Stocky's Stocks.
https://hsprecision.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/PST011_SpecSheet.pdf
According to this spec sheet, it seems like to fit an m24 barrel

Nice! I figured I would be the only one bidding on that lol. Did you get an m24 bolt from them as well? They have a few.
Oh are you the bidder with 74 rates or the NR? I feel reluctant to get their bolt missing extractor and ejector. I would rather get the one from gunrepaircenter on eBay. They sell the same stuff on GB, but it charges way too much compared to eBay.

Haha I was the first bidder. Got to rich for my blood.

The bolts come complete. I’ve ordered 2 and they had everything. If you are throwing this together it needs an m24 bolt.

Haha I was the first bidder. Got to rich for my blood.

The bolts come complete. I’ve ordered 2 and they had everything. If you are throwing this together it needs an m24 bolt.

if this is what you are referring, this is their description:
1722301978911.png

The m stamping on the handle And the sandstorm coating (grey color) on the bolt body.

If you call JFE you can get the bolts for cheaper. That thing 100% needs that bolt. Might as well do it right.

The m stamping on the handle And the sandstorm coating (grey color) on the bolt body.

If you call JFE you can get the bolts for cheaper. That thing 100% needs that bolt. Might as well do it right.
OMG would the BA be cheaper if I called them instead? I think gunbroker does not allow that since the item is up for auction.

I guess this could also work. I would be too lazy to find an extra extractor and ejector for a $390+ bidding bolt, lol.

To be honest, I care more about performance and aesthetics from a clone-ish build. One of the biggest reasons I am reluctant/feel unnecessary to go for pst024 is that I do not have an m24 engraved action, so it can't and never will be cloned correctly. So, I don't really care about the specific stamp or coating on a special-looking bolt.