• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

M40 Raffle fundraiser for Scout Sniper Heritage Foundation memorial!

Terry Cross

Dingleberry
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2003
Alexandria, LA 71303
www.kmwlrs.com
The Marine Scout Sniper Heritage Foundation is having a fundraiser to help build an epic memorial that will honor our fallen US Marine Scout Snipers and their families for their unwavering devotion.

scout_sniper_memorial_10_o-clock_view.jpg

_scout_sniper_memorial_birds_eye_architectural_view__1.jpg

The memorial will feature two Marine snipers that served 105 years apart. Details of the planned memorial can be seen here: https://scoutsniperheritage.org/memorial/

The fundraiser is centered around the raffle of a period correct clone rifle and scope that duplicates the original and iconic M40 sniper rifle.
The components for this project were almost impossible to get and the rifle is being built by an actual MOS 2112 Precision Weapons Technician.

You can see details of the rifle package as well as purchase raffle tickets for your chance to win here: https://scoutsniperheritage.org/sco...pI_0d9eA5KJcT5hl1w_aem_sABOiLapCM6fzgvzHQr6_w

All proceeds are going to this very worthy memorial.

GET SOME!

Thanks for the links.

Are the SSA and MSSHF affiliated?
You are welcome.

I am not sure about if or how they are affiliated.
I do know there are some common people between the two as far as who is volunteering to rotate in and spend time volunteering to work. Almost all are prior SS with some even having a stint instructing or running one of the schoolhouses.

I'm sure that if you cannot find it on their web pages, they would not hesitate to answer any questions you might have relating to those two entities.

https://scoutsniperheritage.org/scout-sniper-war-memorial-fundraiser/

@Terry Cross, thank you for starting a MSSHF raffle rifle thread! 100% of the money raised from this raffle rifle is going directly to funding our Scout Sniper memorial. The raffle rifle is going to be amazing, but it hasn't been assembled yet. I donated the entire rifle to the MSSHF for this rifle raffle, but it's currently in individual parts (which I just had professionally photographed by my father).

The Redfield green scope, Redfield 40X scope base, Redfield 1-64 marked rings, Remington barrel, Remington wood stock/bottom metal/buttplate are all original USMC used M40 take-off parts from 1966! The only civilian parts on the clone build are the Remington 6 digit receiver (223xxx serial number), bolt, and trigger. Now that the original USMC M40 parts have been photographed, I'll be mailing them to a 2112 armorer tomorrow. The 2112 will be using the original USMC M40 parts and period correct civilian parts to assemble an epic USMC M40 clone rifle!

The photos of the rifle on the MSSHF website are just placeholders until the M40 clone is finished being built. The rifle in the photos is actually an original USMC M40 sniper rifle that's in my personal collection (Major Dick Culver's M40). Sorry gents, but I didn't donate that original USMC M40 to the MSSHF, and all of this information is towards the bottom of the raffle rifle page. Even though the raffle rifle is a clone build, I can promise everyone that it's going to be one of the absolute best USMC M40 clone rifles to ever be built! There's about $15,000 worth of parts being used in this M40 clone build, and the finished rifle will have an estimated value that's pretty close to $20,000! If anyone wants an epic M40 clone rifle for their collection, this is a very unique opportunity to acquire a very special M40 clone (while also supporting the MSSHF's memorial project)!

Once the M40 clone is completed in the next few weeks, we'll update all of the photos on the rifle raffle page. We're also planning on doing a video review of the rifle, which will be awesome! So, please keep checking the raffle rifle page in a few weeks and you'll see the updated photos of the actual USMC M40 clone that's being raffled.

If anyone has any questions about this USMC M40 clone raffle rifle, please ask me in this thread and I'll do my best to provide answers. These are some of the best original USMC used M40 take-off parts from my collection, and I'm really excited to finally see these very rare parts used in a clone build! Below are the photos of the original USMC used M40 take-off parts that are being assembled into this MSSHF donation rifle. When the rifle is finally built, I'll update this thread with photos of the completed M40 clone.

1000014601.jpg

Ryan_Rifle for Donation_p01_5000x300-.jpg

Ryan_Rifle for Donation_p14_5000x300-.jpg

Ryan_Rifle for Donation_p07_5000x300-.jpg

Ryan_Rifle for Donation_p09_5000x300-.jpg

Redfield Scope Tombstone-.jpg

Ryan_Rifle for Donation_p12_5000x300-.jpg

Ryan_Rifle for Donation_p10_5000x300-.jpg

Ryan_Rifle for Donation_p11_5000x300-.jpg

Ryan_Rifle for Donation_p03_5000x300-.jpg

Ryan_Rifle for Donation_p04_5000x300.jpg

Ryan_Rifle for Donation_p13_5000x300-.jpg

Ryan_Rifle for Donation_p06_5000x300-.jpg

Ryan_Rifle for Donation_p05_5000x300-.jpg

Ryan_Rifle for Donation_p15_5000x300-.jpg

Ryan_Rifle for Donation_p16_5000x300-.jpg

https://scoutsniperheritage.org/scout-sniper-war-memorial-fundraiser/

@Terry Cross, thank you for starting a MSSHF raffle rifle thread! 100% of the money raised from this raffle rifle is going directly to funding our Scout Sniper memorial. The raffle rifle is going to be amazing, but it hasn't been assembled yet. I donated the entire rifle to the MSSHF for this rifle raffle, but it's currently in individual parts (which I just had professionally photographed by my father).

The Redfield green scope, Redfield 40X scope base, Redfield 1-64 marked rings, Remington barrel, Remington wood stock/bottom metal/buttplate are all original USMC used M40 take-off parts from 1966! The only civilian parts on the clone build are the Remington 6 digit receiver (223xxx serial number), bolt, and trigger. Now that the original USMC M40 parts have been photographed, I'll be mailing them to a 2112 armorer tomorrow. The 2112 will be using the original USMC M40 parts and period correct civilian parts to assemble an epic USMC M40 clone rifle!

The photos of the rifle on the MSSHF website are just placeholders until the M40 clone is finished being built. The rifle in the photos is actually an original USMC M40 sniper rifle that's in my personal collection (Major Dick Culver's M40). Sorry gents, but I didn't donate that original USMC M40 to the MSSHF, and all of this information is towards the bottom of the raffle rifle page. Even though the raffle rifle is a clone build, I can promise everyone that it's going to be one of the absolute best USMC M40 clone rifles to ever be built! There's about $15,000 worth of parts being used in this M40 clone build, and the finished rifle will have an estimated value that's pretty close to $20,000! If anyone wants an epic M40 clone rifle for their collection, this is a very unique opportunity to acquire a very special M40 clone (while also supporting the MSSHF's memorial project)!

Once the M40 clone is completed in the next few weeks, we'll update all of the photos on the rifle raffle page. We're also planning on doing a video review of the rifle, which will be awesome! So, please keep checking the raffle rifle page in a few weeks and you'll see the updated photos of the actual USMC M40 clone that's being raffled.

If anyone has any questions about this USMC M40 clone raffle rifle, please ask me in this thread and I'll do my best to provide answers. These are some of the best original USMC used M40 take-off parts from my collection, and I'm really excited to finally see these very rare parts used in a clone build! Below are the photos of the original USMC used M40 take-off parts that are being assembled into this MSSHF donation rifle. When the rifle is finally built, I'll update this thread with photos of the completed M40 clone.

View attachment 8508952
View attachment 8508953
View attachment 8508954
View attachment 8508955
View attachment 8508956
View attachment 8508957
View attachment 8508958
View attachment 8508959
View attachment 8508960
View attachment 8508961
View attachment 8508962
View attachment 8508963
View attachment 8508964
View attachment 8508965
View attachment 8508966
View attachment 8508967

Super generous of you. Going to be an amazing rifle for a great cause. Doesn't get any better than this.

Reactions: Terry Cross
Absolutely sir.
I am very supportive of the SSA, so this was a no brainer to get behind. I was lucky to have Tim share some of the initial concepts that were being considered a couple of years ago and it is exciting to see it coming to life.

Thank you very much for your support of this effort. Your generosity is greatly appreciated.