• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Magpul AFG on a Norinco AKM

MK14 SEI

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2009
US
I have been running a TangoDown VFG on my AK for some time now - it worked
as advertised, but it stuck out like a sore thumb and it just never felt right.

I replaced the VFG with a new AFG from Magpul over the weekend and I must
say this is a change for the better, it feels natural... here are some pictures.

AFG-T56SHTF-H2O_a.jpg

AFG-T56SHTF-H2O_b.jpg

AFG-T56SHTF-H2O_d.jpg

Re: Magpul AFG on a Norinco AKM

I got 2 of these. one in black and one in FDE.

I was surprised of how good they feel. I removed my Advanced Armament Vertical grips on 2 of my AR setups and replaced them with the Magpul AFG.

Nice product. Magpul always comes out with nice new things.

Looks like they work good on that AK.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice looking AK </div></div>

Thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flatlander</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what rail system is on your AK ? </div></div>

UltiMAK.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: primer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have never been a huge fan of AK's, but that one looks great!I put a AFG on my 6.8 build, I really like it. </div></div>

I have always respected them, but I was never a big fan of AKs either...
that is until manufacturers started producing quality upgrade parts for them.

Here is a new picture:

AFG-T56SHTF-H2O_g.jpg

The Magpul AFG is really nice and it feels natural, but it was not designed to fit the SAGE EBR stock
cry.gif

No worries...
I completed what I have named the <span style="font-weight: bold">Magpul AFG Mod M14HDW.US</span> for one of my MK14s just last night... pictures will be posted soon.

AK is one of my favorite to shoot.. it's not a long range gun or target gun.. but it is one hell of a fun plinker (and 200m battle gun if needed). That is one sweet looking lady. Going to do a few Saiga builds here soon... you've given me some ideas..hope you don't mind.

Looks good. I had 2 different Vertical forward grips on my AK's and they never worked well. Rocking the magazine out, the VFG would get in the way. This looks like it would solve that issue. I've been looking at the Magpul AFG for a while, would like to hold one before I bought it, have never gotten to feel one, not sure if it'd fit me.

Shawn

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AK is one of my favorite to shoot.. it's not a long range gun or target gun.. but it is one hell of a fun plinker (and 200m battle gun if needed). That is one sweet looking lady. Going to do a few Saiga builds here soon... you've given me some ideas..hope you don't mind. </div></div>

I don't mind at all... rock on with your bad self... post up when you finish your builds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackstone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are the iron sights stock?
Are you able to co-witness with the AimPoint?
Which mount? </div></div>

Stock iron sights and they do co-witness through the Micro T-1.
The Micro optic uses the factory mount and sits on an UltiMAK gas tube rail.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oodin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And here I thought for sure you just had a safe full of M1A's.
That looks great; nice weapon and nice concept.

How do you like the UltiMAK rail? </div></div>

Thank you, I think everyone should own at least one AK.
I love the UltiMAK rail.