• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Magpul PRS question

R6Hybridd

Private
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2012
Lake Saint Louis MO
Quick question on the PRS. Does anybody make a cheek piece that my cheek won't slide off of? I am easily sliding off the stock one and it is hard to find a consistent cheek weld when I keep sliding off.

Thanks

The bigger question is WHY are you sliding off of it?

Is the stock adjusted properly in terms of the LOP for you and how you are shooting? Is the comb properly raised to accommodate your necessary position on the rifle? Are you personally setup on the rifle correctly in addition to the above adjustments? Etc., etc., etc. I only ask those questions because I have PRS stocks on several different rifles and haven't found that I "slide around" or otherwise easily lose my cheekweld on any of them.

Assuming all of the above has been addressed...there are all sorts of different methods for making the cheek riser more "sticky" if that's what you are looking for. The easiest (arguably) method is to attach a necessary amount of Pachmayr pac-skin type material...cut to fit your cheek riser...and see if that helps. Here's a link to what I'm talking about:

Pachmayr Pac-Skin Grip Tape Multi-Use 5 x 20 Strip Black

Good luck. Hope you get it sorted out.

My issue is that the raised comb is too "short" front to back, which caused only the back half of my cheek to make contact. I had to lengthen the butt (LOP) out all the way and then move my scope back the same distance. With my face firmly on the comb, I was much more secure. Other than that, go to the pharmacy section of any store and get some sticky backed MOLESKIN and put it on the comb.

If you just want grip, I added one of these after seeing it on another 'hide member's rifle.

GOD'A GRIP Web Store: Super Soft Cheek Pads - 3/16 inch thick - Magpul® PRS?

It provides great grip and is very comfortable. I had to slightly trim mine since it went on an AR10 PRS which has a slightly shorter comb to clear the charging handle.

Minor complaint is that the material likes to collect dirt over time but this is easily cleaned with a alcohol prep pad.