• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Photos Making the rounds on the net.

kenai999

Private
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2009
Received this via email. I'd heard talk about this but this is first documentation. Caption in email stated it was taken at Fort Benning. Anyone else see this yet?

Re: Making the rounds on the net.

url]

Here in germany, not only does every single person in my chain of command need to sign off on my weapons registration, so does vehicle registration and the entire german beurocratic system as well. so be thankful in part

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Oracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did a little research and appears this picture originated on:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=970677

Based on my limited understanding. On-post personnel are required to register firearms. Now the push is for off-post personnel to register their guns.</div></div>

Yes that's how it's supposed to be. That's why you don't own any firearms when they ask. I only register the ones I plan on carrying on post. Anyone say Liberals taking over the Military?
Our CO told a guy that lived in the Barracks he wasn't even allowed to have ammo in his car, or anywhere on post, and his only gun a M4 was locked up in the arms room. So he did the RIGHT thing and told the CO he was going to sell it and stored it at someone else's house who lived offpost. Then People wonder why shit like what happened at Ft.Hood is able to take place. I don't know about anyone one else but I'm not charging an armed man when all I have is a pocket knife. Just some food for thought

I agree that the sign is over the top.

I just got back from Fort Hood and had a personal experience with this. We had to 'register' all weapons that were going to be transported on post to their range. They checked the pink copy of the form at the gate and then had us pull over and verify the serial numbers on the rifles. We had to put all the ammo in the passenger compartment and keep the AR-15's in the trunk. They re-checked them again once we arrived at the range to shoot.

This is Army bureacracy at work. It is also, in part, a knee jerk reaction to a terrible tragedy. The regs change every few weeks and they don't make anybody safer in reality.

And yes, I guess by their definition I'm a terrorist because I refused to bring my guns on post to be registered in a database. I just shot other people's guns.

The whole anti-gun mentality has always relied on the falacy that passing a law keeps criminals from doing something. But dont think for a minute that it is because they believe the falacy because it is only something they have found that works. The truth is they do not care about catching or stopping the bad guys. What they really want is to disarm and control those of us who do not agree with them.
Hell, they like the bad guys and would rather fight for the rights of the terrorist than the military man who keeps them free.

Exactly.... Terrorist don't register their weapons so what do we hope to solve by honest Americans registering theirs. That is just about stupid enough to make sense to a politician....

I brought my 1911 on post to register it as I had a Georgia CCW and wanted to be legal on post when i had it. Mind you I was not going to carry on post, but if I happen to have it on me, I wanted to be on the "right" side of the regs. I had to have my CO sign off on it, so i took it up to the CP, IN THE CASE, LOCKED. My PSG chewed my ass, my PL chewed my ass, the 1SG chewed it, the HQ PSG, 2nd PLT PSG & PL and finally, the CO chewed what was left. I was chastised for having it there, even though I had explained 50 times why it was there. I had NO ammo and not even a magazine for my 1911 within 1000m of the weapon. Then, after he signed the form, he had me cover it so no one else around the company could see it and had to be escourted to my vehicle by my PSG.
I had thought that they would have handled that a little differently, like men, rather than act like I had just walked in with an armed nuclear weapon. Thats one reason I opted for the Retirement after I lost my hand. Not to mention the Stupid chain of command (all the way to the top) rediculous new uniforms, and the fact that they are so bent on doing things the hardest, most idiotic way possible. For a constitution that is supposed to be a "you may add to, but not take away from" Theres alot of people who preach "tradition" that spend alot of time trying to take things away.
My $.02.

-PH SGT

all of the BS thinking that were all doing, i.e. preaching to the choir of gun owners, can be summed up by one thing we all feel inside.

oh fuck, its too late.

C_K