• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

manners and harris bipod

corey4

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2012
pittsburgh pa
i picked up a used manners T3 from a hide member a few days ago.

it came with the picatinny rail on the bottom for an atlas bipod. i don't have an atlas yet, or even know if i want one.

my question is, can i just drill a small hole to install a stud like i would on any other cheap stock, or is this a bad idea for a manners?

Can't you remove the rail and replace the Allen screws with studs?

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
This.

You always want to get your bipod as close to the barrel as possible. The closer your rifle sets to the apex of the bipod legs, the less torque and roll you will have to control. Closer mounted bipods will always be less prone to snagging on things during movement. You should be able to find a stud with the same thread as screws used on the Pic rail. Just screw in one stud and leave the other hole open.

Can't you remove the rail and replace the Allen screws with studs?

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
This.

You always want to get your bipod as close to the barrel as possible. The closer your rifle sets to the apex of the bipod legs, the less torque and roll you will have to control. Closer mounted bipods will always be less prone to snagging on things during movement. You should be able to find a stud with the same thread as screws used on the Pic rail. Just screw in one stud and leave the other hole open.

i thought about this too, but i'm not sure if anyone makes a stud with the same thread pitch as the allen srews.

i'll do some google-fu today.

EDIT:
the manners has a molded in metal thread thingy that the picatinny rail screws thread into.

i thought about this too, but i'm not sure if anyone makes a stud with the same thread pitch as the allen srews.

i'll do some google-fu today.

EDIT:
the manners has a molded in metal thread thingy that the picatinny rail screws thread into.
Hi Corey, The t-nuts used to install the rail is the same pitch ( 10x32 ) that we use for the studs. On the rail we install the first hole about 1" from the tip of the stock, then the other about 3.25" back. When we cut for a stud, it is placed 2" from the tip. Even though the holes are at a different location, you still should be fine with the bi-pod location. Send me a PM, and I will get a few studs in the mail to you. Thank you

Last edited: