• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Manners TCS vs Foundation stock

Mark_Dorman

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2023
Portland, OR
So I currently run a Manners PRS TCS and really like it. I've been interested in trying a Foundation stock for my centerfire build but no one at my club seems to have one. I'm trying to figure out which model Foundation stock has a similar grip to trigger spacing as the Manners TCS.

I am not too concerned with the differences in the forend. I'm open to trying pretty much any of the models assuming it fits my hand correctly. Picture for attention 😅

1726513655955.png

Last edited:
I have the centurion grip version of the Samson. it's very vertical and the spacing is short, fits my average hands and this flat TT trigger and to me it's just sublime, like a glove, just the right position of trigger finger.
I think the other version is for longer trigger distances to grip I think.
I can provide pics/measurements of the centurion style, just let me know what you want to see.
definitely call up John Kyle Truitt and get his thoughts about what would suit you.
similar ergonomics to manners, much more weight. I LOVE it.
ETA the only thing I'd change on mine is I would not have ordered the brass weight kit. it balances well without any weights and I could have saved 100$ but the brass looked cooler so I did what I did.
26" proof comp contour

Attachments

• 20240916_153814.jpg
    20240916_153814.jpg
    446.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
I have the centurion grip version of the Samson. it's very vertical and the spacing is short, fits my average hands and this flat TT trigger and to me it's just sublime, like a glove, just the right position of trigger finger.
I think the other version is for longer trigger distances to grip I think.
I can provide pics/measurements of the centurion style, just let me know what you want to see.
definitely call up John Kyle Pruitt and get his thoughts about what would suit you.
similar ergonomics to manners, much more weight. I like it.

It's always great to hear such positive feedback about the stocks. I'm assuming the measurement from the grip to the trigger would be similar at the top of both grip versions, but I could be wrong. I can reach out to Foundation about that.

Do you think you could show me the measurement on yours between the middle of the trigger and point on the grip level with that? I have the Flat TT also and really like it.
1726519837576.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Cody S
Coming off a TCS myself I think the MG2 is the closest in grip angle and distance. They’re great stocks.
View attachment 8503298

Is that a Terminus Zeus I spy? That's what I'm planning to use for my build. Appreciate the input coming from a TCS. I'm guessing you're happier with the Genesis than the TCS?

Reactions: Cody S and Islas82
I went from TCS to Foundation to Matrix Pro and now an ACC Elite.

The foundation needs too much weight up front to balance out for me, the gun is going to be like 25+ lbs and you need to order $400 worth of tungsten because brass wont be enough. They are great shooting stocks and look amazing though. Chassis are such a personal thing. Everyone likes something different.

There are some guys across the river in Vantucky that run/ran foundations @Sheldon N @NiteQwill . They shoot a bunch of the local matches.

Is that a Terminus Zeus I spy? That's what I'm planning to use for my build. Appreciate the input coming from a TCS. I'm guessing you're happier with the Genesis than the TCS?
For my current purposes yes I am happier with the MG2. But the TCS is a great stock for competition which I do not do. Yea that’s a Zeus long action on the right and an impact SA on the left.

Reactions: Mark_Dorman
I went from TCS to Foundation to Matrix Pro and now an ACC Elite.

The foundation needs too much weight up front to balance out for me, the gun is going to be like 25+ lbs and you need to order $400 worth of tungsten because brass wont be enough. They are great shooting stocks and look amazing though. Chassis are such a personal thing. Everyone likes something different.

There are some guys across the river in Vantucky that run/ran foundations @Sheldon N @NiteQwill . They shoot a bunch of the local matches.

Interesting. I know they offer the lighter buttstock when you order them new. But I thought that was mainly for rimfire. What size barrel are you using that you need that much weight out front to balance? Or is this for a rimfire rig?

Interesting. I know they offer the lighter buttstock when you order them new. But I thought that was mainly for rimfire. What size barrel are you using that you need that much weight out front to balance? Or is this for a rimfire rig?
M24. I ran a vudoo in a Foundation Centerion. You have to get bottom metal with adjustable mag latch if you want it to run correctly.

@Mark_Dorman cool to see you're local around these parts.

With a TT Diamond Pro-curve my grip to trigger measures around 1.95" for a Genesis MG2 and 1.75" for the Centurion. I don't have the Manners TCS stock but I do have a Manners EH1 and the Genesis MG2 feels more similar to it than the Centurion does. Centurion is closer and more vertical.

IMO balance isn't too hard to achieve with a Foundation for a centerfire rig. You can run at around a 22lb gun with the standard buttstock by combining thick barrel contour with brass weights or moderate barrel contour with a custom tungsten weight kit. My match rifle MG2 has an M24 barrel profile and tungsten weights with the standard buttstock (23lb). My daughter's centurion is a partial lightweight buttstock (inletted in the buttstock but not the cheek riser) and she's using M24 barrel with a full brass weight set (20lb). Both balance well. I'm not that hung up on balance though, our 223 trainer has a light barrel, no weight kit and a standard buttstock and it's tail heavy but I still shoot it fine.

If your going to shoot centerfire PRS definitely hit me up and you could try out my rifle at a match.

Truitt

'm trying to figure out which model Foundation stock has a similar grip to trigger spacing as the Manners TCS.

I mainly shoot the TCS but also have been swapping into a Centurion off and on. It's definitely not the Centurion.
IMG_6213.jpeg

The Centurion has a pretty small grip, but it works. Although my hand doesn't really fit with a conventional grip, I have more consistent trigger pulls on the Centurion. I really dislike how wide the front is on Centurions and MG2s, strongly prefer the narrower TCS foreend. I get steadier & manage recoil better with the TCS. You're not going to know if you love or hate them until you give one a shot

Standard stock Centurion with 10 lead weights towards the front, a 28" MTU+, & G3 Razor balances ~5" in front of the mag well.

@Mark_Dorman cool to see you're local around these parts.

With a TT Diamond Pro-curve my grip to trigger measures around 1.95" for a Genesis MG2 and 1.75" for the Centurion. I don't have the Manners TCS stock but I do have a Manners EH1 and the Genesis MG2 feels more similar to it than the Centurion does. Centurion is closer and more vertical.

IMO balance isn't too hard to achieve with a Foundation for a centerfire rig. You can run at around a 22lb gun with the standard buttstock by combining thick barrel contour with brass weights or moderate barrel contour with a custom tungsten weight kit. My match rifle MG2 has an M24 barrel profile and tungsten weights with the standard buttstock (23lb). My daughter's centurion is a partial lightweight buttstock (inletted in the buttstock but not the cheek riser) and she's using M24 barrel with a full brass weight set (20lb). Both balance well. I'm not that hung up on balance though, our 223 trainer has a light barrel, no weight kit and a standard buttstock and it's tail heavy but I still shoot it fine.

If your going to shoot centerfire PRS definitely hit me up and you could try out my rifle at a match.

Yessir! What part of the PNW are you in? Always nice to meet more locals :)

That's great information and definitely helpful. It sounds like the MG2 is probably the best bet to try. Sounds like balance isn't anything to worry too much about. I plan to run a 26 inch heavy contour (Proof Competition most likely).

The plan is to build a rifle for PRS. The main issue with shooting Centerfire matches currently are the locations of matches and time available to go to them.

Reactions: Sheldon N
I wonder if the manners TCS would balance easier than the mpa vanquish or mdt elite or others for rimfire 24" 1.2 barrels.

I didn't have any issue balancing mine out. I had an MPA Matrix Pro (similar to the vanquish but more butt heavy) and was able to balance it okay. It was about 1 lb heavier than the TCS when balanced out. I feel like I've shown you this before lol

1726609825653.png
1726609810036.png

Reactions: Cody S