• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Marlin X7

rubberduckie

Private
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2009
hello,

anyone here have any news about this rifle? looks like an awesome entry level bolt action. i was thinking of getting a marlin xt-22vr until i saw this.

MFC_HeavyBarrel_X7_70337.jpg

Re: Marlin X7

Why does it look like "an awesome entry level bolt gun"???

Because of the picture??? *sigh*

<span style="color: #3333FF">First off, I don't believe there's such a thing as a "Marlin X7".</span> There are Marlin MR7s, XS7s, and XL7s, and you have a picture of the XS7, the short action length receiver.

Do you know any details about the Marlin XS7/XL7 actions? That's where the decision of whether its "an awesome entry bolt gun" would be decided, not the silly frickin picture. And there are a number of reviews of the action and its design from magazines. These are cheap rifles for a reason, if moneys a problem, buy used.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Since you were considering the heavy barrel Marlin .22 before, I would say go back to waiting on the .22, it'll be a much better choice. Step up to a centerfire once you have the basics mastered.</span>

_

Re: Marlin X7

I set up a marlin bolty for my brother, basic hunting rifle, same cheap plastic stock as a starter Rem or savage but the base model had the better trigger. found a factory ammo that worked well after many disappointing tries. The test ammo ended up costing as much as the rifle. For any precision work work the Rem or savage would be a much better choice because of the choice of stocks and other components available and the smiths who work on them. Also the resale on a common brand is better.