• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Masterpeice arms 6.5

Bark1

Private
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2013
Anybody shooting one of these? The price point and 3/8 inch group guaranty make it an interesting choice....among many interesting choices. I have a Ruger precision 308 that I put a LRI barrel on and I love it so that's an option for the 6.5 also but for some reason I keep looking at the Masterpiece arms.

Bark

I'm getting the MPA BA competition chassis for my Savage 12 LRP in 6.5 creed. Looks to be a great chassis and is really taking notice in the PRS. I like where this company is going with there practical, real world application.

Attachments

• photo73541.png
    photo73541.png
    131.3 KB · Views: 25
If you can afford the MPA, especially with the Curtis Custom Axiom action, I'd do it. Is it necessary? Probably not. But I think the fit/finish and ergonomics will be worlds better than the RPR.

Yes the chassis looks good I'm really leaning this way. I emailed them about the different actions as the prices on the net very form 2600 to 3150 at MP arms site. I was told all the actions are good just depends what you want and the actions have nothing to do with the rifles ability to shoot those nice little groups. I'm very surprised nobody owns one on this site, they disappear from websites I watch fairly quickly. Guess ill be the test subject...Just need to decide on an action...the Curtis action matched with the switch lug system is veeeery tempting.

Yes the chassis looks good I'm really leaning this way. I emailed them about the different actions as the prices on the net very form 2600 to 3150 at MP arms site. I was told all the actions are good just depends what you want and the actions have nothing to do with the rifles ability to shoot those nice little groups. I'm very surprised nobody owns one on this site, they disappear from websites I watch fairly quickly. Guess ill be the test subject...Just need to decide on an action...the Curtis action matched with the switch lug system is veeeery tempting.

Definitely go with the Curtis. Also there are guys around here who own them, just none have posted in this thread. I've never heard anything bad about MPA, they seem like a great company.

I had them build mine as a modified production class rifle. It has the ba comp chassis and a trued up Remington 700 action. So far I'm very happy with the rifle. Mine is chambred in 6.5x47. The one small problem I had at the last match Ohio was there to help with. He made sure my rifle was good to go and asked how it was every time I saw him the rest of the match. Couldn't be happier with my choice to go with them.

HAHA, couldn't help myself, ordered a 6.5 Creedmoor with a comp chassis, Curtis Axiom action when I found it on a website on sale right before I was getting ready to place a order on the MPA site. Saved some cash and a 3 month wait but sacrificed getting the switch lug system. I wasn't completely comfortable on the switch lug so no big deal. Now the wait.