Mauser M18

Mauser M18 Follow up review!

Let me say this all, I am supper impressed with this rifle!!! I paid it with a Vortex Diamondback 6-24x50 tactical first focal plane scope. I started off shooting some groups at 100 yards with some Winchester 168 silvertip balistictip. And two different reloads. One 150gr fmj with IMR4895 and one 178 matchking with IMR4895. Both the factory and the reload groups at 100 yards were right around just less than an inch groupings. So I thought for fun I would open this baby up and see what she could do so that when I took it on an elk hunt in Montana in the fall I would know. I then took a shot out to 200 then 300 and all the way out to 1000 yards! And in this light weight hunting rifle and $399 dollar scope paired with vortex rings I was hitting steel all the way our to 1000 with just using my has hashmark hold overs and some Kentucky windage!!! I am VERY VERY IMPRESSED with this rifle and would highly recommend this to anyone that is looking for something dependable! The rifle did well with staying cool for the most part I was putting some time inbetween shots but wasn't babying it by any means! I def will be doing some more load development so that I know what it likes the best, so I will keep you up to date! But 10 out of 10 stars!!!

Reactions: BytorJr